“The Best of the Cape”

Ranked #1 of 5 East Orleans B&B and Inns
Worcester, Massachusetts
“The Best of the Cape”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Just up the street from Nauset beach (10 min walk) and off the beaten path, staying here reminded me of why I like the Cape. Our hosts were welcoming and each night coming back felt like coming home - to 'our' place. Breakfast was delicious and convivial. John and Cindy, the innkeepers were helpful and welcoming. It was a splurge for us, but was totally worth the investment.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

What a lovely place to stay - Great hospitality, a really nice and individual place, and a good location halfway up the Cape half a mile or so from Nauset Beach. Really nice to stay in a truly individual and unique room - didn't miss a television in the slightest! The late-afternoon drinks and chats with other guests was a lovely idea (Where did you go today? Which restaurant are you going to tonight? What are you planning to do tomorrow?, etc) and meant that when we sat down to breakfast with our new-found friends from the previous evening it was almost a family gathering. And probably the best breakfasts we had during our two weeks in New England. A delight from beginning to end and one we will remember with very fond memories. Jan & Tim Dalton, Ashbourne, UK

Room Tip: We paid a little more for an en suite room which was possibly worth it. We also stayed in the main...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tim D
Connecticut
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Every time I turn into the driveway of Nauset House Inn, "I am HOME once more" and there have been many many visits! It's an amazing mixture of being 1/2 mile from Nauset beach, lovely grounds- old apple trees and wonderful vibrant flowers. Nauset House Inn is a charming old building where each room is unique and totally comfortable. Mainly it's the warmth and hospitality of the wonderful innkeepers, Cindy, John and Diane. They are never intrusive but always available to help plan your day, make dinner reservations or make a cup of tea. On a rainy day I may get no further than the common room with soft couches and comfortable chairs- wine cranberry and hors d' oeuvres are served here. I highly recommend you make reservations, you will not be disappointed! Places like Nauset House Inn are very rare.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Pat P
East Granby, CT
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Was pleased to spend five nights at The Nauset House Inn. I felt welcome as soon as I walked into the Inn. (Thank you, Judy!) I thought: I am at the Cape at the Nauset House Inn and will experience delicious breakfasts, cooked to order; interesting conversations with repeat and first time guests; and Nauset Beach is just a half mile walk from the Inn! Before leaving Saturday morning, I took a walk around the grounds and enjoyed the farmhouse and setting. Apples and chestnuts had fallen from the trees. Took photos to savour during the months until my return next year. Thank you again to John and Cindy for your conversation and hospitality and to Diane for cooking a delicious breakfast and her warm greeting on my first morning at the Inn. Note: The Inn is perfect for solo quests as well as friends and couples.

Room Tip: All of the rooms I have stayed in are beautifully appointed and the beds are comfortable. Sea Laven...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank allwhowonder
Lynn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Late Sept. we had friends visiting nearby & we thought it would be great to do an overnight on Cape Cod to be with them & decided to book here based on TripAdvisor recommendations. Very pretty colonial home, with a carriage house (we stayed in The BeachPlum room here) another cottage, a greenhouse and lovely grounds.

We arrived a bit early & no one was there but Cindy came within a few minutes. She walked us over to the carriage house & showed us our room on the 2nd level. None of the doors locked. Since I had some jewelry I was a bit surprised that no lock was provided on any of the rooms. Perhaps it's such a quiet genteel place they do not feel the need. However, it would have made me feel a bit more secure. The BeachPlum was quite spacious w/a King size bed,which was sunk in the middle, & a large, tiled bathroom with a great shower w/multiple jets. There was no hairdryer in the room or any soap, shampoo or conditioner. Since the other rooms were not taken, I was able to go into one of the bathrooms to check for hairdryer & there was one. Also found a few soaps that we needed. Each room does include a few chocolates, a magnet & information about the inn& places of interest in every room. Rooms smelled somewhat musty but that can be what you get on the Cape. No TV or small refrigerator in the rooms. All rooms & common areas were super clean, which I think is most important. Rooms seemed to be close to each other so I think you could hear other people if the place was full, but as I mentioned we were there in somewhat off season so no one else around in the carriage house. We were unable to take advantage of the wine & reception hour since we out but we did enjoy a nice breakfast the next morning. Only available for an hour & there were a few choices with freshly baked warm banana bread, hot beverages & choice of juices. All were nice. Other lodgers were pleasant as what I have found while staying in B&B's. I did not see any rooms in the main house other than the dining room & living room area where there was a tv & lots of books to peruse. One night was fine, but to stay longer without amenities like TV, a refrigerator for cold drinks, & toilietries would be an issue for me. I may be inclined to check out a few other B&B's in the area next time or to ask what amenities are available.

Room Tip: Request a large room with a large private bath --some are small. Bring your toilietries & hair...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marion L
Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had a great weekend at the Nauset house. Mom and I stayed in the Sea Lavender room which has its own half bath. Both mornings we ate a fabulous breakfast (including really wonderful coffee). The B & B is just a short walk to the beach which we visited each day we were there. The landscaping, greenhouse, sitting room and dining room are all incredibly beautiful spaces and there is a feeling of tranquility and peacefulness throughout the property. The whole place is filled with art , sometimes in places where you least expect it, it's a real symphony for the eyes. I highly recommend this heavenly place to anyone who appreciates the sea and the beach, flowers and trees, fine breakfasts, and art.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Juliet M
Chappaqua, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I have been vacationing in Cape Cod for over 20 years and have been to many Inns over the years. We discovered the Nauset House Inn about 10 years ago and have been coming back ever since. The Innkeepers couldn't be more accomodating and helpful. Over the years they have come to feel like family to us. The breakfasts are delicious! The friendliness of the other guests at the Inn over breakfast and afternoon cocktails is a refelection of the warmth of the Innkeepers. The rooms are lovely and varied; we stay in a room with a shared bath which affords us more to spend on delicious dinners and the like. The Nauset House Inn has a serene, lovely yard and guests enjoy sittng, reading and relaxing in the yard. The Inn is a short walk to Nauset Beach and convenient to the town of East Orleans. We love staying at the Nauset House Inn and look forward to our Cape Cod vacation each summer. Thank you to the great Innkeepers, John, Cindy and Diane!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 11 in Eastham
The Parsonage Inn
The Parsonage Inn
#2 of 5 in East Orleans

Been to Nauset House Inn? Share your experiences!