Nauset House Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Rodeway Inn(Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnauset beachother guestscape codb byear after yearshort walkhomemade muffinscommon roomshared bathowners and stafffavorite roomrepeat customersart galleriesnew englandeach morningsea lavenderwonderful hosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Nauset House Inn is really a special place to relax and enjoy what Cape Cod is all about. With stunning Nauset Beach just at the end of their road, along with a quaint downtown village of Orleans full of great restaurants,art galleries, and other interesting shops. Orleans is centrally located making it a perfect central spot to day trip to upper or lower Cape. It's nice to go to a inn and be pleasantly surprised that the inn is actually nicer than you expected. I have stayed at inns all across the Cape and the pictures and actual property can be quite decieving alot of times. We all know that staying at a B&B that the property and the owners can make or break your vacation. Nauset House has some much charm and the people who run it will leave you with a wonderful experience with no doubt. The Inn is rustic,clean, and nicely furnished. The main house is cozy and inviting with it's livingroom open for guest to relax,read, or socialize. The owners and staff make you feel like family guests with their warm and gracious demeanor. Truley unique nowadays!
The breakfast is home cooked and delicious with different specials each morning. All in all, I can't say enough good things. It's my home away from home summer home and return each year with more great memories of Cape Cod thanks to John,Cindy,Judy,Dianne, and the rest of their great crew!!!

Reviewed 13 October 2010

This was my first stay at the Nauset Inn, and I will be going back. The inn is set on a lovely piece of land, just a short walk from gorgeous Nauset beach. I felt immediately welcome when I walked in the door. I received a quick tour to get oriented from Cindy, one of the innkeepers. She manages the inn with her husband John, who together provide very attentive and friendly service. My room was charming, comfortable, and very clean.

I particularly liked the cordial atmosphere created by very nice breakfasts served at long tables giving the guests a chance to get to know each other. An evening get together for wine and snacks again brought people together to share their day. For me, the abscence of televisions, phones and other distractions was perfect. A true getaway.

I do not hesitate to highly recommend the Nauset Inn.

Reviewed 11 October 2010

First found the Nauset in 1984 and have been returning twice a year since.Inkeepers Diane, Cindy and John have become my family away from home. My visits to "The Nauset House" have ALWAYS been a pleasure. The innkeepers have found that unique ability of providing quality accommodations with the ability to make their quests feel like old friends,
Wishing All at the Nauset House a well deserved winter break!
See you next May,
Mary S. from Baltimore Md.

Note* The inn serves the most wonderful breakfasts:The "Ginger pancakes with Lemon sauce" are a must try!

1  Thank CapeCod50
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We have been at Nauset house Inn ten years ago, but only for three days , so we came back again for a longer stay (18 days). It was a good decision.We met people there , that are coming over and over again.
The location of the inn is not far away from the ocean , with one of the best beaches I've ever seen.It's in walking distance , down to Beach Road appr. 8 min.
The offered rooms are all different and very beautiful and equipped with antique furniture ,quilts and little things , where you can see the good taste of the innkeepers.
The inn has a big living room , where all the people can meet in the afternoon, drinking a glass of wine and discuss what they have done the whole day or what the plans will be for the next day.So , if you want , you can have a lot of communication with people from all over the world.
The innkeepers and all the members of the crew are really doing a good job , we felt like being at home.
On Cape Cod you'll find many galleries and artists like painters and potteries , even
Diane Johnson , one of the owners of the inn , is an artist. You can see her art, at the inn or around in galleries.
Our feeling , that the sky of Cape Cod has a special blue in September , has been validated again.
Our decison is made , we would come again.

Klaus Schaefer

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2010

This is a lovely, charming place that feels like a home away from home. I was there for a clinical conference, and the place was packed with fellow clinicians, which made for a very congenial bunch, whether we were talking shop or not. Many laughs, and very interesting, diverse people. Even though I know this place takes a lot of hard work to run and maintain, the owners and staff made it look effortless-a sure sign that the Inn was well-run. About 4 blocks away was one of the most beautiful beaches ever. The place and the neighborhood are shiny-clean and pristine. The breakfasts were delicious, the service excellent and friendly. The only two drawbacks I can think of are: no AC (but there are fans in the rooms), and the furnature in the living room is not very comfortable. But on balance, these are not a big problems. If I go to the same conference next year I will stay there again--in a minute! Thanks to all for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business