I don't know if the management at the Ship's Knees can be held accountable for the glorious spring weather and abundant blooms of narcissus, tulips and forsythia littering yards and roadsides everywhere in Orleans during our recent visit - but certainly our stay at the Knees was a complement to the natural beauty of the Cape. We celebrated my mother's birthday in the apartment unit. It was perfect for my husband and I and my Mom because everyone had privacy, but we were together. In the mornings we were fortified by a delicous self-serve continental breakfast (scones especially yummy as were the fresh fruit cups) and then enjoyed a breezy walk on Nauset Beach. One night we ventured out to the 'Ho (favorite local haunt) and the next night we stayed in munching for hours on fresh lobsters (from the place next to the birder's shop). A friend from town stopped by to visit us in our apartment - and we couldn't have felt more at home in the living room catching up, drinking wine and kicking back. Orleans is a fine place to come and relax and the Ship's Knees is a fine base. Peter and Denise Butcher take pride in the Ship's Knees and really wanted to make sure we enjoyed our stay - from the reservations, to the recommendations, to the directions, every interaction was delightful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warmth and charm of a 190 year-old restored Sea Captain's home, just 1/4 mile up the hill from the world famous Nauset Beach. 17 individually appointed rooms, 15 with private bath, and 1 or 2 bedroom fully equipped ocean view "Captain's Quarter's" guest apartment. Our newest accommodation (2010) the "Nauset Suite" has a king bed, private bath and private entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Ship's Knees Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ship`s Knees Hotel East Orleans
- Ship's Knees Inn East Orleans, MA, United States