Arrived at the Ships Knees for a one night stay over Memorial Day. We have stayed extensively at Bed and Breakfast establishments up and down the east coast and were a bit disappointed. We didn't feel a very warm greeting and nobody showed us our room. I think the owners were leaving on vacation and appeared a bit distracted. The room is nice enough but the shower needs help. Every time I turned on the water, either ice cold or scalding hot water got me. The bed is comfortable and the room was very pretty with some very nice homey touches. The next morning, the breakfast was continental with a few muffins, bagels etc... Nobody greeted us good morning either which is why we like BNB's so much. We might have just caught them on a bad weekend but I doubt we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warmth and charm of a 190 year-old restored Sea Captain's home, just 1/4 mile up the hill from the world famous Nauset Beach. 17 individually appointed rooms, 15 with private bath, and 1 or 2 bedroom fully equipped ocean view "Captain's Quarter's" guest apartment. Our newest accommodation (2010) the "Nauset Suite" has a king bed, private bath and private entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Ship's Knees Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ship`s Knees Hotel East Orleans
- Ship's Knees Inn East Orleans, MA, United States