You can't go wrong here. My wife and I stayed here in July 2010 during a trip to Orleans and Chatham on the cape. We spent some great days on the beach that is a short walk down one street from the inn.
The rooms aren't going to knock your socks off here, but they are comfortable and well kept. The inn has some great qualities with the service by the innkeepers, location, fantastic grounds, pool, and location in the town of East Orleans.
Pool: nice pool area to swim and read
Grounds: great little spots for sitting outside, eating breakfast outside, and a fire pit at night to have a glass of wine or beer
Innkeepers: very friendly and welcoming. Wish we stayed here at the second half of our stay. Instead we were at the Captain's House Inn in Chatham which is also fantastic from a location/property standpoint, but the service there was lacking by the innkeepers.
Food: nice continental breakfast to start your day. You're not getting a full breakfast, but you know that going in. It does the job and you can also go into town for something more (we didn't need to). Good coffee, bagels, fruit, muffins, etc
VALUE: CAN'T BEAT IT ON THE CAPE
Check out the Orleans Cardinals if you are there in the summer for the Cape baseball league. I have tried to go every year for awhile now - it feels like you are watching pro baseball in the 50s (or something like that). Family atmosphere, great ballplayers, free attendance...
Bring your bikes to enjoy the cape bike trail that goes through Orleans. We had a terrific ride up to Truro and back. The bike shop next to the trail also fixed my gears for free since something was wrong with them.
Don't count on the wireless internet. We were unable to get a signal except out on the patio area. I would recommend to the innkeepers to install a few repeaters in the house area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warmth and charm of a 190 year-old restored Sea Captain's home, just 1/4 mile up the hill from the world famous Nauset Beach. 17 individually appointed rooms, 15 with private bath, and 1 or 2 bedroom fully equipped ocean view "Captain's Quarter's" guest apartment. Our newest accommodation (2010) the "Nauset Suite" has a king bed, private bath and private entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Ship's Knees Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ship`s Knees Hotel East Orleans
- Ship's Knees Inn East Orleans, MA, United States