“Our Favorite Motel on the Cape”
Review of Sandy Neck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Sandwich
Sandy Neck Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in East Sandwich
Burke, Virginia
“Our Favorite Motel on the Cape”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We've stayed at Sandy Neck Motel each summer for several years (latest visit Aug 13-17, 2011). The owners are very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are kept very clean. The rooms have an air conditioner, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. This year, they have added a flat screen TV with expanded cable channels and free WiFi. The bathroom has new lighting, shelving and a wall-mounted hair dryer. What we like best is the quiet and relaxing feeling at Sandy Neck. It's less than a mile from Sandy Neck Beach and it's location right on Route 6A makes it a great base of operations for exploring the Cape. We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Granite Springs
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Last year, we rented two rooms at the Sandy Neck Motel in Sandwich, MA, as we have family living in Sandwich. The hotel most definitely met our needs, in terms of comfort, size and amenities (i.e. internet) so we rented two rooms again this year. Sandy Neck Motel makes this a tradition for us!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I have been coming to the Cape to visit my relatives with my Mom and Sister for at least ten years now. We started staying here because my Aunt used to own this Motel years ago and it is sentimental to us. Over the years we have come to know the owners Ron and Karen and they are some of the nicest people you could ever know. We aren't related but they make us feel like family when we are there. I have often said I want to move in there! We never want for anything while there and anything we need they do their best to get it for us. The rooms are always very clean and it is just a great place to stay. I would recommend it to anyone! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Rooms with kitchenettes
  • Stayed May 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I have stayed at the Sandy Neck a few times over the years and each time It has been a joy each time. The service is friendly and efficient. The rooms are simple, elegant, and priced right. It is easy to get to and close to Hyannis and the central Cape. It is also the closest motel to Sandy Neck Beach which is beautiful.

I will be going back next year with my family for sure.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 3 September 2010

As someone who depends on tripadvisor for traveler's reviews, I did so with this hotel, and I was disappointed. I wasn't expecting the Ritz or anything, and I am not too high-maintenance, but Sandy Neck Motel left a lot to be desired. First of all, the room reeked of mildew and was extremely damp. I know we were near the water, and I have stayed near the water many many times in my 40+ years, and I can't remember a room so humid. I would imagine that one would become ill if these were year-round living conditions. Everything in the room was just so old and worn out, and you couldn't even see out the windows because of the moisture! The plumbing was a problem too. The water was either scalding hot, or freezing cold, and really hard to regulate (and maintain a temperature) for a shower. By the way, you will definitely feel like you need a shower if you stay there! The owner was really nice, and I feel kind of badly having to dis his property, but I just don't think it is right to charge people to stay in rooms like these.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank lbsea
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We spent a wonderful week at this motel, within a few minutes by bike from Sandy Neck beach. The premises are very well kept and our room was clean and comfortable. For the price, a great choice for those who want to spend a quiet time on the Cape. A short drive from historic Sandwich, this motel is located away from the busiest towns and beaches. Good Italian restaurant just across the road (scenic route 6A) There is no swimming pool. The bathroom in the room we stayed could use a bit of refurbishing.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Mahopac, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We went here 2 years ago and when we knew we were in the area we tried to find the motel again. The price is very reasonable. The location is quite nice , set back on a quiet street with nice grounds. The grounds are kept up well. Sandwich is a wonderful town, quaint and pretty and much quieter than most of the Cape. We wanted to get away from the traffic and commercialism and this was the place. There is a lovely beach that you can walk to , less than a mile down the road. The owners are very nice and we are definitely planning to return soon.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
#4 of 5 in Sandwich
Spring Garden Inn Motel
Spring Garden Inn Motel
#1 of 2 in East Sandwich

Been to Sandy Neck Motel? Share your experiences!