“Perfect getaway spot”
Review of Sandy Neck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Sandwich
Sandy Neck Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in East Sandwich
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a family event in Hyannis over Mother's Day weekend and decided to head back here for our stay. We stayed in the efficiency this time and, like the other rooms we've had there, it was immaculate and perfect for the four of us. There's a kitchen area w/ full sized fridge and stove, any and all utensils and a good amount of room. Perfect for us as we had to get up early and could give the kids a bowl of cereal before we headed out. But what I love about staying at Sandy Neck is the fact that it is SO clean. Always. It's also only a mile from the beach and easy to get to other areas of the Cape as it's right on 6A. I was surprised, or didn't remember, how quiet it is as well. We'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Moddy17
There are newer reviews for Sandy Neck Motel

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I went for my semi-annual Cape trip with my Mom & Sister a few weeks ago to Sandy Neck Motel. I have to say every time we arrive the owner's Ron & Karen are always very friendly and accommodating! We have been going for over ten years now and we always have a good time! The rooms are very clean and the staff just makes you feel so welcomed! I hate leaving once I get there ! Thanks Ron & Karen for making our stay an awesome experience every time!

Kim

Room Tip: We usually take the efficiency that has a full kitchen so we can cook and it is bigger than the regu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank KimO078
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have been coming to Sandy Neck Motel for several years now. We attempt to get down here every weekend, during the summer. Our stays at this motel have always been excellent. The owners are very accommodating. The motel is extremely clean. We are minutes from the beach which is a plus. We always look forward to our next stay at Sandy Neck Motel. We rate this motel as a 5 star.
Steve & Caroline

Room Tip: We love room 17
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Caroline D
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I absolutely loved staying here. It was quiet and relaxing. The rooms were adorable and the grounds beautiful. The owners, Ron and Karen made us feel so welcome!
Everything was so well kept. We will be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We always referred to Cape Cod as our second home.

The cape is beautiful, and it took nover 40 years for us to define what we love most.

We found the perfect place... a small motel named the Sandy Neck Motel right on route 6A
and Sandy Neck Road in East Sandwich. The grounds are beautiful, and the rooms are very spacious and as clean as you would expect. The owners are charming, gracious, and willing to
do anything to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. This is old Cape Cod; not the
honky tonk you find on route 28 or Main St. in Hyannis.

We are looking forward to spending many more vacations on the Cape, and we now know
the Sandy Neck Motel will be our " 2nd home".

Room Tip: All rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

On June 30th I called and reserved two rooms for a two night stay in July and was given a confirmation number over the phone after providing my credit card number to hold the rooms as is standard policy. On the day we were to arrive at the motel I phoned to say we would be checking in around 5pm and was told that I had no rooms there. Whoever I was speaking with, I assume the owner, tried to say he spoke to me last week and that I had called and cancelled my rooms which was not true. He then went on to say that he had called me as well which was not true. He then continued and called me a different name, stated I was staying there with a wedding party which was incorrect and would not let me speak as he kept talking over me and changing his story at least 3 times. This went on for a good 5 minutes and when I inquired as to how they could give my rooms away when I provided a credit card to hold them and had a confirmation number I was informed they never charged my credit card! On top of this he had the nerve to tell me to check with a motel up the street to see if they had availability and then hung up. Needless to say I was stunned, where do you find lodging on the Cape in the middle of summer with such short notice on a Friday afternoon. Clearly he screwed up and rather than admit this to me and make phone calls on my behalf to provide alternate lodging which is standard policy in the hotel/motel industry he left me and my guests scrambling to find a place to stay for the next two nights.
Rude and unprofessional do not begin to describe my opinion of the owners of this establishment. If his behavior is any indication of how he runs his business you would be smart to look somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank explorer4life2
sandyneck, Owner at Sandy Neck Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Our records show that she cancelled the reservation. If by chance there was a mistake we apologize .
We explained that no charge or deposit was ever made on her credit card.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

my wife and I decided to stay at the sandy neck motel for a long columbus day fall weekend to explore the quieter side of the cape and be far away from the more congested areas. this quiet and very quant "classic motel" on a rural country stretch of 6a was perfect for that. The room was spotless and comfortable with everything we needed. The property is well kept. We were pleasantly surpised by the larger fridge. The owners are very friendly and accomodiating. The location was rural and really good for taking walks, but not far from several places to eat, (we visited the bee hive tavern - a few minutes away on 6a for a really nice dinner, and a wonderful little take out place, Momos, less than 5 minutes down the road- to get gourmet sandwiches and homemade biscotti for our day trips. we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 3 in East Sandwich
Herring Run Motel
Herring Run Motel
#2 of 5 in Buzzards Bay

Been to Sandy Neck Motel? Share your experiences!