See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Not expecting to be open on New Years Eve (thought it might be a seasonal motel), I was pleasantly surprised when the owner answered the phone and took my reservation. The room was spacious and cheerful. Room seemed to have been recently updated (new shower curtains, curtains, etc.). I could tell that the owner takes great pride in this motel - has owned it for over 25 years! Next time I'm in the Cape, I hope they'll have a room for me!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2016

We enjoyed our stay here during Hurricane Hermine Labor Day weekend 2016. Easy walk to a beautiful beach. A little trouble with the blow dryer and WiFi connection, but owner was very helpful. Very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2016

The motel is clean and well maintained but dated. The TV is like a 29" and the fixture (all well maintained) are dated. The motel staff are helpful and friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. Basic accomodations.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2016

We wanted somewhere to stay for an unplanned 3 day trip to the Cape Cod area that would not be in a totally packed tourist area, but still within an hour or less to make our stops at Provincetown, and other areas to bird, as well as visit the glass museums in Sandwich and New Bedford. I hate traveling without reservations, so was skeptical on what we would find, but we totally lucked out with our choice of Sandy Neck. There was a vacancy, and the room (which we were given the chance to see prior to checking in) was clean and simple, the beds comfortable, and the amenities (mini refrigerator, coffee maker, etc.) all clean and in working order. The modest-sized bath was extremely clean-no moldy grout or anything else offensive, and I appreciated the addition of a little over-the toilet shelving unit to have a place for our shower gear and my cosmetics and such, to not have to carry them in and out of the bath each time we needed them. The motel was quiet, the price reasonable, the owners/staff very helpful, as we had checked out, and then returned to the area late that day to stay another, and were able to secure the same room again. Nice large lawn in front of the motel to just sit early in the morning or later in the day and enjoy a beverage and listen to the birds. My only caution is that our room (#18) had a significant step up from the little landing, which I estimate to be 10". If you have young children with you, or you or a member of your party have a physical challenge, this step up to get in or out of the room may be a tad difficult (see photo). Please note, I do not know if the size of this step varies from one room to the next, so if that's important to you, check when you book your stay. We would definitely stay again at Sandy Neck if we have another chance to visit Cape Cod.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

This well maintained motel is the one my East Sandwich friends recommend for guests. Super cute, classic American themed motel is situated off Rte 6A. It does not get noise from the road.

Like many properties in the Cape, the motel is not new so the low ceilings and small windows make the rooms feel dark. Lights are necessary to see inside yet the curtains are not thick enough to block the early morning sunlight. The a/c is a window unit which worked well enough. Luckily the rooms don't have the wet, musty smell older places have.

Two double beds in each room would make it seem there is enough room for four. But the mattresses have a dip in the middle so bedmates sleep very close. The pillows are not my type- very hard.

The rooms have a small refrigerator, microwave and hot pot.

Overall the motel and the area are quiet which is good because the walls are thin so you can hear neighbors talking.

This place has both rooms and small apartment units. We've stayed in both over the years. We've stayed here three times and noticed the plumbing upgrades, fresh paint and small improvements. We will probably stay here again in the future.

You must call to make reservations.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family