“Good potential but needs work”
Review of Bee-Hive Tavern - CLOSED

Bee-Hive Tavern
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2013

When we arrived we were immediately seated in the bar. We would have preferred the dining area, but were not even asked. There was a large TV there with the volume too high and with a football game on, one or two of the patrons whooped and hollered, not really our thing.

Very underwhelmed by their beer selections. This is a beautiful place with lots of character and they need to make their beer list more interesting and diverse.

Service was a bit brusk but not rude. Plastic menu covers were so stained I had trouble reading.

On the plus side food was quite decent and reasonably priced. We were there for lunch. As I said a little work and some improvement required. I doubt that we'll be back.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Bee Hive is a large, English tavern style restaurant that has a charming atmosphere to. The space was clean, the staff welcoming and the food was very good. My wife and I stopped for lunch and enjoyed The Queen's Salad and the Caprese sandwich which featured a homemade (I believe) 5 herb bread that was OUTSTANDING. Also of note, Bee Hive's french fries were very good.

As I sat there on a sunny, 90 degree day, I couldn't help but think that pulling into the Bee Hive on a raw, rainy day in the off season would make the atmosphere even more inviting and enjoyable than it already is, and that's saying something. We'll be back!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

A short walk from the Earl of Sandwhich motel. Good food, nice proportions and excellent staff.Was there two different nights.

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately this place was not a favorite. I ordered fried clams (very heavy/greasy) and my husband ordered a beef tenderloin dish (COVERED in very salty blue cheese). It was also expensive ($20+ each). The restuarant it self is adorable - feels like dining inside a ship. Service was great. Just unfortunately did not enjoy our meals.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is lovely pub style restaurant which fit into our vacation in a quiet end of the Cape. The service was was fast, friendly and not overly-present. The food was plentiful (too much really) but needed flavour / seasoning... Something!

The lobster roll was so plain it lacked salt although the amount of lobster was overwhelming in even the smaller portion. I had to use a fork and knife to eat it. One person had a steak which was perfectly cooked but was covered with an unappetizing and gluey ".mustard sauce" . It was inedible and got scraped off. The burger one of our party had was well prepared but also bland.