“Perfect Port In A Storm!”
Review of Bee-Hive Tavern - CLOSED

Bee-Hive Tavern
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2013

It was a cold and rainy day on the Cape and we stumbled upon The Bee-Hive Tavern. We were looking for lunch and were greeted warmly on entering the tavern. It was warm and cozy with lots of atmosphere. We were seated in an old fashioned booth with a high back that gave us lots of privacy. I had the lobster roll and my hubby had a hamburger, we both had the French fries. The fries were very tasty but the lobster roll was outstanding. One of the best lobster rolls I have ever had. My hubby enjoyed his hamburger as well. Service was friendly and every staff member we encountered was very welcoming. We enjoyed our lunch very much. One item we did not try but looked interesting was their " adult ice cream". They make it right at the inn and this day's flavor was Bailey's chocolate. It sounded wonderful but we were satisfied from our lunch so we couldn't try it. I would highly recommend this tavern for a lunch that was very good with reasonable prices.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We rented a home in the area for 9 nights and had six dinner at the Bee-Hive. The menu had good variety and the "sea" related dishes were especially excellent. One could go "light" or with full meals. Service was very good and we had the same large table every visit, perhaps a benefit of visiting Cape Cod after Labor Day. We tried a couple of other places but kept coming back to Bee-Hive. Pricing was reasonable.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

When we arrived we were immediately seated in the bar. We would have preferred the dining area, but were not even asked. There was a large TV there with the volume too high and with a football game on, one or two of the patrons whooped and hollered, not really our thing.

Very underwhelmed by their beer selections. This is a beautiful place with lots of character and they need to make their beer list more interesting and diverse.

Service was a bit brusk but not rude. Plastic menu covers were so stained I had trouble reading.

On the plus side food was quite decent and reasonably priced. We were there for lunch. As I said a little work and some improvement required. I doubt that we'll be back.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Bee Hive is a large, English tavern style restaurant that has a charming atmosphere to. The space was clean, the staff welcoming and the food was very good. My wife and I stopped for lunch and enjoyed The Queen's Salad and the Caprese sandwich which featured a homemade (I believe) 5 herb bread that was OUTSTANDING. Also of note, Bee Hive's french fries were very good.

As I sat there on a sunny, 90 degree day, I couldn't help but think that pulling into the Bee Hive on a raw, rainy day in the off season would make the atmosphere even more inviting and enjoyable than it already is, and that's saying something. We'll be back!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

A short walk from the Earl of Sandwhich motel. Good food, nice proportions and excellent staff.Was there two different nights.