“Great Fresh Pasta at its best”

Amari Bar & Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Never a bad meal. There pasta is the best freshly made.
Portions are huge & great service.
One of the best Italian restaurants south of the North End of Boston.
Cape Cods little Italy

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We got an Eggplant Palm and a Chicken Palm to go. It was very good as the tomato sauce was good and the portions were excellent. The home made pasta was also very good. We would definitely go back and eat there again, but next time we will eat at the restaurant as it's a very attractive looking place.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Have been going to Amari's for over 15 years but hadn't been for many. Atmosphere is still great, calamari is still good as was the veal parmigiana. Service is great and I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Husband and I arrived after 8 and sat at the huge rectangle bar. Vegetarian soup and bread were delicious but the pasta dishes were lacking in that homemade Italian flavor. Maybe the sauces were made that day? Our leftovers (and there were plenty) will probably be better.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I like to write reviews. I especially like to write excellent reviews for wonderful restaurants because I really enjoy dining out in places worth writing excellent reviews about. But I'm not doing that tonight. Quoting the review of another patron who had a poor experience at Amari "We were in and out in 20 minutes, my meal had no flavor". Well it was a bit more than 20 minutes but only because we were waiting for the bartender notice us trying to get her attention to bring our check for the hard & tasteless calamari and 2 beers. (we went there intending to have a full meal but based on the calamari we very quickly changed our minds) Finally we gave up, looked at the menu for the price of the tasteless crap on the plate, did the math based on what beers cost in other places, left some money and walked out. I can't remember when we've ever done that before. We used to go to Amari often and specifically for the calamari as it was light and crunchy and the pickled hot peppers and sauce they served it with were delicious. Tonight was not out first bad experience there but it has been about 2 years since the last one so we decided to try it again. The calamari (which I'm fairly certain came out of a Sysco bag of the cheapest frozen pre-breaded junk) was over cooked in oil that probably hasn't been changed any time recently. It was hard and tasteless and the "sauce" (which they changed to something that is supposed to be a sort of tomato sauce like marinara, might as well have been watered down value brand tomato juice. in fact, V B tomato juice is probably much better. The bartender asked us how it was and we were truthful. After that she ignored us. What she should have done was call the manager. But no, she didn't bother to do that. My husband ate the "calamari" because he was very hungry but we left still hungry. We pulled out of the parking-lot discussing how much we were looking forward to a big plate of Tortino's pizza rolls which taste much better than what we just paid 13.00
for and only cost 3.00 for a big bag.
They have also changed the bread to some also tasteless junk and no longer serve a nice basket of it with that wonderful little dish of olive oil with roasted garlic and herbs like they used to. Now it comes with a vat of the same watered down value brand tomato juice.Just to make it a bit more irritating they had a guy "singing" who was much too loud, mistakenly thought much too highly highly of his own "ability" and insisted on stomping his foot so hard it made our bar stools rattle. Normally I'd have let that part slide but it grated on my nerves and just added to the "ambiance" tonight. Needless to say we won't be going back.