“Stay in your car...Oh yeah, and they have bedbugs.”
Review of Rosewood Motel

Rosewood Motel
Rosewood Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in East Wareham
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Chalk this one up to super learning experiences in Why I Will Never Fail To Plan Again. Don't stay here. Stay in your car, a dumpster, the nearest culvert. Stand out in the rain - I promise it will be better than this place.

I'll start with the "environment." Anywhere that has a "no visitors" sign in the lobby has had its share of trouble. We ignored it, and then spent a half hour under the watchful guy smoking outside the next room as we unloaded some of our stuff from the car. It was late, we were super tired, and I figured he wasn't much interested in us.

He wasn't, but the police were interested in HIM - I watched an unmarked car chase him across the parking lot and stood open mouthed as the guy vanished into the woods. But that was good news, right? At least he was gone and we could get some sleep.

The party a couple of doors down kept me interested for a little while, until I realized it was less of a party and more of a succession of cars coming, staying 5 minutes, then leaving. Hmmm...I thought there weren't supposed to be visitors?

It was then that our oldest daughter said, "Is this what a bedbug looks like?" No, I sad, since I refuse to deal with that possibility I will not acknowledge that YES, that's EXACTLY what they look like! Two bugs later we had to go, so we bagged up all of our stuff in trash bags and left. The manager reluctantly gave us our money back, but we had to spend an extra $200 on the Cape for another hotel. I didn't sleep.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel. That should do it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank KatieClarkeBishop
There are newer reviews for Rosewood Motel

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Read the other reviews and was fearful to say the least. Clean rooms, friendly staff. We even left $300 on the dresser by mistake, and it was still there after cleaning services

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mclaugh67
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Will never stay here again. We stood with out mouths open unable to speak when we saw the room. I'm not even sure how they get away with charging so much. The "bedside table" was unfinished wood on a big metal bracket screwed into the wall. No bedspread, cheap sheets, crappy blanket. I can not say enough about the poor quality.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lindsay_m18
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I was in the area with a group, and I picked the Rosewood from a list without doing any more research. It was very overpriced for what it is: a basic motel in every sense of the word. The clerk had a hard time finding my reservation, even with my confirmation number. He was adamant that "We will clean the room tomorrow while you're out." Apparently that was because they hadn't cleaned it before I arrived. Dust bunnies & hair on the carpet, and you don't want to know what was visible inside the heating units. Even after the 'cleaning,' they hadn't vacuumed under the beds or behind anything.

I will say that there was a major storm while I was there (not their fault, of course) and the roof didn't leak. Also, the parking lot is located above the street, so when it flooded my truck stayed dry.

This motel would be acceptable at half the price, but just barely. I was very glad my family was not traveling with me. They would have preferred to sleep in my pickup. I will do my homework next time.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
4  Thank mack505
Reviewed 24 September 2009

motel in all the sense of the word. Probably okay for truckers because its better than sleeping in the truck. Expensive for what is offered.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
#4 of 6 in Sandwich
Country Acres Motel
Country Acres Motel
#3 of 6 in Sandwich

Been to Rosewood Motel? Share your experiences!