“This Place is Great!”
Review of Water Wizz

Water Wizz
Reviewed 7 July 2008

I went here today with my father and 7 year old son for the first time. We loved it.
I have no idea what the people below me are talking about. This place was not dirty. If anything, they keep it pretty clean. The bathrooms were clean, as well as the rest of the place. Nobody was smoking here at all. It's smoke free, and everyone was abiding by it, as far as I could tell. I'm not sure what all that talk was all about. One can only wonder.

Anyway, as far as slides and pools go, this place has everything you'd expect. They have a cool lazy river that turns into a wave river about ever 25 minutes. That ride was fun.
They have various tube slides. One of those is covered, so it's pitch black inside. That one was a lot of fun.
They have about 5 regular old style water slides. Those were pretty good.
They have a pretty tall and steep thrill slide called 'Pirate's Plunge'. That one was also enclosed. It was very fast and very fun. They also had a decent sized wave pool as well. I more of a lazy river person, so I wasn't in that too much.

They had 3 separate kid areas. One had one of those buckets that filled up and then dumped out all over everyone. All the little kids seemed to love that. All the kid areas had little slides as well.

Today was a Monday July 7th, and it wasn't too busy. It was a nice day out, too. Lines were reasonable, but I'm sure it gets a lot busier on the weekend.

The meal deals were $7.50. The kids meals were $6.00. The food itself was pretty good for a water park.

It cost 30 dollars for the day for people over 48" and over, which is pretty good I guess, for all you get to do. Lockers are 6 bucks. They give you 2 bucks back when you give them the key at the end of the day. Parking was free.

All and all I'd say it was a good place. My son loved it. I'll be going back. I live in Plymouth Mass, so I'm glad I found this. Now I don't have to drive all the way to New Hampshire for a water park anymore. We all no how crazy gas prices are.

4  Thank tscamp2

Reviewed 21 August 2007

The place was filthy and expensive. My family spent over 100 dollars getting in and it was such an unpleasant experience. We rented a cabana (another 20 dollars) to have a quiet place away from the crowds and it was so gross and dirty back there. There were packs of people smoking (it's a non-smoking facility where they clearly look the other way). And I'm not talking one or two people which could happen anywhere, but huge groups of people all through the cabana area. We complained to about six different staff members, all of whom assured us they would send someone back there and never did. On the way out we talked to a manager who was rude and accused us of not telling the right people. I wrote a letter of complaint and received an equally rude response, basically blaming me for not telling the right people, as the crew members can't leave their posts (of course the crew members could have told me that and who to talk to rather than lying and saying they would take care of it). I agree with the other poster here that a refund or passes would have told us a lot more and shown that they actually took me seriously. The slides themselves are fun and there were plenty of areas for little kids, but definitely not worth the pushing, smoking, and crowds. By the way they told us Sunday was the slowest day (camps during the week) and it was still packed and there were long lines for all of the bigger attractions. DON'T waste your time or money. And if you read this and decide not to go as a result, please let me know so I can feel vindicated :)

8  Thank isamara
Reviewed 27 August 2006

Well, I must say I wrote to the management of Water Wizz about my visit. All I got was a very defensive reply. An apology or even a pass to return to show me that what happened was rare would have been nicer. In a nutshell, that park was run down and not maintained. Don't waste your $28 a head to chance your childrens health.

I went the end of July with three families. The wave pool was closed twice - once due to feces in the pool, secondly for vomit - The lazy river was down wind of the bathrooms. The small of urine was disgusting.

I've been to many water parks with my family. This place was a dump. Drive the extra distance and go to Canobie or Whales Tales in NH.

7  Thank campdirector
A TripAdvisor Member
Plymouth, Ma.
Reviewed 24 June 2006

Park is smaller than water country, but that is part of the beauty of it. The lines are managable. On overcast days there is usually no wait at all. There is a lazy man river along with a dozen or so slides, some tunneled. There is a cool wave pool and plenty of life guards. Plenty of tubes are available, but you can rent tubes for the day if you do not want to wait for one on a busy day.

A few years ago when my son was small, he was having trouble in the wave pool. A lifeguard immediately jumped in within seconds, rescued my son.

Overall it is a great park and highly reccomend it!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member