“Extra charges”

Medway, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Extra charges”
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I brought my two children (9 & 6). My main complaint was after paying $75 for the three of us finding out that there was an optional additional ten dollars per person charge to rent inner tubes for the slides that was not posted on the website. My first problem with that was that was they were sold out of the rental tubes at 11:30 so we had to wait in line at each slide for a tube. One slide we waited over an hour. Ten minutes was spent in the front of the line waiting for what I was told was one of ten child inner tubes available to children under 48" tall. My second problem was they did not post the additonal charge on the website so you don't know until you got there. I had cash because I did not want to worry about my wallet being unsupervised in a beach bag under my chair. For $75. my children rode 4 slides and we were there for 6 and a half hours. It is my opinion that they should charge more admission and provide plenty of tubes. The park was clean and unless you were in line it did not feel over crowded. If you go, get there early, rent the tube and you will get lots of use of the park. I left on a sour note so I will probably bring my business elsewhere.

8 Thank capecodbreeze

Providence
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Water Wiz - the toilet of Cape Cod”
Reviewed 24 July 2010

IT has the potential to be great - but after I went to the bathrooms and found them empty every time I went - I realized that that could only mean one thing......

Food is the worst I've ever had. Smoking EVERYWHERE (although it has a non-smoking policy).

Droves of illegals aliens with huge coolers taking up most of the seating. You must get there early to secure a spot (and then hope that you don't get a smoker next to you....!). Staff won't act on this.

Some of the rides are great and it's a haven for little kids - but they need to CLEAN their act up.

8 Thank Tanja E
Cape Cod, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A nice surprise!”
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I am not sure if the negative reviews below are for the correct park. Water Wizz is great! We live in the same town as Water Wizz and I drive by it every day on the way to work but had never been until last year. It just doesn't look fantastic from the road and I never thought it was worth spending money on. I was so wrong. My 8 year old son begged us to go last year and I am so happy we went. It is much bigger and nicer than it looks from the road and is an absolute blast. It feels like I am not even in the same town and on a little "mini-vacation" when we are here. We have been again this year and will probably go another time this summer. The staff is very attentive and great at enforcing the rules to make sure everyone is safe. While the slides are not huge, they are still fun. There is something for all ages here. The lazy river is fun (not so lazy in some parts!), there are quite a few areas for small children to play safely. There are areas for kids who aren't quite ready for the big slides but too old for the "baby" areas. The food is good. You are allowed to leave and come back so it is no problem to take off for an hour or two in the middle of the day and grab lunch at one of the local restaurants o,r for us, run home and have lunch and then go back! I highly recommend this park.

6 Thank amesisland
Medfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great kick off to summer!”
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I took five "rising eighth graders" to Water Wizz Park in East Wareham, MA (on Cape Cod) last week and it was really fun. Very laid back atmosphere. I didn't have the slightest concern about letting them just run about riding the rides and navigating the water park on their own. It's not big, and it wasn't terribly crowded. I 'd like to see it get a facelift of sorts, cleaned up, etc. Most importantly, AVOID THE WATER WIZZ of Westerly, Rhode Island. We came from outside of Boston for our day of fun. We started out at the one in Westerly, but it was quite apparent that it was a DUD!!! So we actually just re-set the nav system for the Cape and kept driving! Thank goodness we did.

1 Thank eunderhill
boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great summer spot for the kids”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We went to Water Whizz at the end of June, with a forecast of thunder and lightening for the day. It turned out to be bright and sunny but that forecast kept everyone away. We had a pretty much empty park. This is a great spot - the rides were enough to keep both adults and kids happy. A few of the water slides seemed to be geared towards older kids, so watch out for those when putting little ones on. The price was not bad, considering we lasted from opening to close.

1 Thank BostonPacker