“Family trip to the cape”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastham
Atlantic Oaks Campground
“Family trip to the cape”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Tought the campground was good overall. Bathrooms were very clean and well maintained. They did honor our request to be closer the bathrooms and showers as well. Weather was not very favorable during our stay with 4out 8 days being either overcast or rain. Not a ton of stuff for kids to do with rainy days, so we had to be creative to keep the, busy. Sites could be more level to eliminate longer set up time to get the camper level. Thought the price was right especially being on the cape. If we return to the Cape during the summer we would visit again as well as recommend to others.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
MA
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My daughter and I tented for a few days at the Atlantic Oaks and we had a great time. We had a quiet campsite (for anyone complaining about road noise, plan ahead a little!! There are plenty of quiet tenting spots...), the place was impeccably clean, the staff was so friendly and helpful (they even blew up my daughter's bike tire), and the location was perfect for us and what we wanted to do. The bike trail runs right along the back of the site and in one direction is Ben and Jerry's and in the other direction is Arnold's for fresh seafood. It's minutes to the Salt Pond Visitor Center, Nauset Light and Coast Guard beach (and its impressive tide pool). I thought that it was a great value. We were very comfortable and relaxed and are already planning our return trip for next year.

Room Tip: Call/plan ahead for a quiet tenting site.
1 Thank S C
MA
Reviewed 30 August 2013

It was a decent location, although it's 40 minutes to Provincetown. It is on the rail trail, which was nice but there was no privacy in between the sites and the traffic noise was a little much. I suppose the people paying more with their RV's had more quiet. Some rode around at 11pm to tell everyone to put their fires out and as we were in the process of doing it, he still reminded us. We know the rules and it seemed like our parents were chastising us. I didn't appreciate it.
The office did let us charge our phones and iPad, which was nice.
Our kids loved the swing set, even though all it had was 2 swings and a slide. But I guess that's enough. Bathrooms were clean, which was great. Overall a decent stay. Not sure I'd go back because of the street noise.

2 Thank Meredith O
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

So much for the welcome arms of friendly manager greeting us after drving for hours from Canada to camp at Atlantic Oaks. The manager was terse, snappy, and would not elaborate on questions about the area. She was not very nice toward us. We have since learned from fello Canadians, they have been treated in a similar way. Then it comes to the bath house, in the evening, very dirty. Hair in drains. Someone even used the shower as a toilet! They charge a high price. Kids extra. Air quality poor to people abusing the fire rings. Watched campers in the row buring cardboard beer 20 pack cartons. Once we went to the Seashore Park beaches, we started to relax, yet the campground has issues that need to be resolved.

Room Tip: I guess ask to ask fellow Canadians or friends from The States to tell you about the area and not re...
3 Thank Paulette L
Whitman, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I hosted a camping meetup group at this campground. We were all tenters and stayed in the "safari" area. I booked very far in advance and posted my site location on the meetup site so others could book near me. My site was paid in full when I booked. When I arrived they had moved my site and not told me. They were completely booked and pretty much told me that was just "tough". The older couple that runs the front desk are very rude and unaccommodating. They could care less that this had messed up our camping meetup. Other parties in my group did not find me until a day later as they were looking for me at the site number I posted 6 weeks before the trip. The campground is nice, clean and well maintained. The sites are very small and very close together but not bad either. Just beware of the rude couple if you have any issues. Don't plan on them being very helpful or even nice about it!

Room Tip: If you are tenting stay in the tent area near the office as there are no restrooms near the back one...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank eventgallb
Shady3002, Manager at Atlantic Oaks Campground, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Our official policy, as stated on our website, is that we do try to honor specific site number requests, however we can not guarantee them. This is pretty much an industry standard. It is only on the rare occasion, when circumstance dictates, that we are unable to honor a request.

This policy did not come into play in this case due to the fact that we never did "move" the guest off of her "original" site as stated. Unfortunately, there apparently was either a miscommunication or misunderstanding on the part of the guest as to which site number was initially reserved.

As to the complaint about the rudeness of our employees, we will respectfully have to agree to disagree on who was being rude.
Chicago Area
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This campground is in a great location for visiting Cape Cod. Very close to Coast Guard Beach. Visited with a Class A 31'. Nice pull through site with lighted utility pedestals. Has a dog walk area but is next to a large pile of mulch. (Dogs cost $8.00 for every 2 nights to stay there. Never paid for as dog to camp before). The free WiFi worked pretty good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sierra87
New England
Reviewed 2 June 2013

If have breathing problems, stay clear of this campground. People light fires in the morning, the afternoon and night. When time to extinguish the fires, the doused water on multiple campsite fires creates an unbearable haze of smoke linger into dawn. It seeped into our tent. No sleep for my family. Oh. The tent sites are next to a State Highway. Last. The manager who check us in was rude, curt, and huffy. She needs anger management classes or a better pair of shoes. Can you say, "attitude and jaded?" There are more friendly campgrounds in Truro without endlessly burning fire pits. This place WAS the pits.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Woopiedo
Atlantic O, Owner at Atlantic Oaks Campground, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
All of our ads say we permit campfires. Anyone who doesn't like campfires or may be sensitive to smoke should find another campground that does not allow them.
Atlantic Oaks has found that most campers prefer campfires so we will continue to allow them until 11 PM.
Campsites next to the Highway are the last ones to be rented and guests may reserve any site that is open.