First upon arrival we found our room to have many earwig bugs on the walls and in our bed. We ended up having to strip our bed down to clean it out. Then the following morning we found out that your Bed & breakfast is not in fact a bed and breakfast but an Inn that offers a continental breakfast. No where on their website did it say this and personally when booking our trip we picked a bed & breakfast b/c of the homemade breakfast and coziness that B&B's usually provide, which the Inn at the oaks did not. When taking our showers we soon learned that the shower in our room was so small and awkward that no matter how hard we tried or what we did we could not keep the water from spilling out onto the floor, so every time we used the shower the floor of the bathroom would flood.
On top of this, on our first morning, we found our car's battery had died. We had jumper cables but needed another car to jump us. When we went in to speak to the man that was working that morning to ask for help he became very uncomfortable and odd about our request for a jump. He did end up calling AAA for us but would not offer any explanation as to why he couldn't/wouldn't simply jump our car with his (as his car was parked directly next to ours). I was 7 months pregnant at the time and we waited over an hour for AAA to arrive and in a matter of 2 minutes had jumped our car using a portable batter box. This all seemed very inhospitable and due to the way that the Inn staff member handled the situation made us feel very uncomfortable and he truly made us feel as though we were asking for something illegal and made us very reluctant to ask any further questions during our stay.
Additionally we were disappointed to find that the Inn, while relatively close to the nearby beaches, is not in fact on the beach as the pictures on their website suggests.
At this time I would not recommend this B&B/Inn to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Inn at the OaksAt The Gateway To The National SeashoreThe Inn at the Oaks is a charming 13 room bed and breakfast located in Cape Cod's historic Eastham, MA. We offer spacious and light-filled accommodations, delicious and nourishing breakfasts, thoughtful amenities, and an unfaltering attention to detail that will ensure your Cape Cod vacation experience will be cherished for years to come. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn at the Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Oaks Hotel Eastham
- Inn At The Oaks Eastham, Cape Cod, MA