My husband and I stayed at the Inn at the Oaks just before Thanksgiving. We wanted to go somewhere and "recharge our batteries", just the two of us, before the start of the hectic holiday season. We could not have picked a better place. As an assistant manager of an Inn, I am always looking to perfect the details and enhance the guests experience, the staff here really did that well. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by Dan who offered us cookies and coffee (available each afternoon), gave us a tour, and told us about breakfast and the Inn's amenities then showed us to our lovely suite in the Carriage House. Along the way we met Larry, the owner, who was very pleasant and genuine.
We chose the Tack Room for our stay. The three suites in the Carriage House are pet friendly with private entrances to each of the lower level suites, as well as access to a small shared kitchenette. Our suite was roomy, clean and fresh. We toured the other suites in the Carriage House, I could not tell that they were pet friendly rooms. (I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the entire inn as I was a professional housekeeper for close to 20 years.) The bed was very comfortable, the rooms were nicely furnished and decorated, and we really enjoyed the privacy of the Carriage House.
In the morning we were greeted in the dinning room by Sam, the manager, with fresh coffee and a beautiful continental breakfast that included fresh fruit salad, hot and cold cereal, an array of bakery items and a warm friendly atmosphere. We enjoyed sitting at the large table and talking with Sam and some of the other guests.
The Inn's location is ideal for us. The walking/bicycle trails are right outside the driveway and the entrance to the Cape Cod National Seashore is across the street. (According to Yahoo Travel, Coastguard Beach is one of the countries top 10 beaches.) We had beautiful weather for 2 of the 3 days and were able to really enjoy the beach and trails. The one day that it rained we enjoyed leisurely checking out the few shops and stores that are year round. We actually got some great bargains and a relaxing start on our holiday shopping. (We only visit the Cape during off-season now that our son is grown.)
All in all we really enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning with friends and family, and of course, just by ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Inn at the OaksAt The Gateway To The National SeashoreThe Inn at the Oaks is a charming 13 room bed and breakfast located in Cape Cod's historic Eastham, MA. We offer spacious and light-filled accommodations, delicious and nourishing breakfasts, thoughtful amenities, and an unfaltering attention to detail that will ensure your Cape Cod vacation experience will be cherished for years to come. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Inn at the Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Oaks Hotel Eastham
- Inn At The Oaks Eastham, Cape Cod, MA