I am so disappointed in the Inn at the Oaks.
Let me preface by saying the woman I spoke with was quite knowledgeable in assisting me with Living Social deal I found for the time period in September we were looking to be on the Cape. $249.00 for two nights, and only a $50.00 pet fee, to me seemed like a great deal and I was excited to book.
However, after having further discussion with Mary and confirming the dates we wanted to stay were available, she told me my 9 month old daughter was not allowed at the B & B.
I'm baffled. I had not even thought to see if there was a policy on children at such a “family friendly” inn.
Her reason was that babies cry and babies scream and that this is common practice at B&B's. We have had only one other experience with a B&B and all members of the family were allowed, so I guess we are inexperienced here. But come on, not allowing a baby who sleeps in the parent’s bed with them, crazy. We have not had a single pleasure trip since before she was born and have no desire to go away without her. According to their policy, once she is 5 she will be allowed, which amuses me because the only time you hear our daughter is when she is laughing. Most 5 year olds I know make much more noise than a laughing infant.
The policy also mentions that very few of their rooms accommodate more than two guests, which is another reason for the no babies’ policy. However, the suites that are pet friendly and where we would be staying sleep up to 6. Not to mention, our daughter sleeps in bed with us so we would require no more than one king bed.
When I said to Mary, “What would have happened if I never mentioned my daughter on the phone, whether on purpose or just because it did not come up?”, she stated that when they saw us arrive with her we would have been charged “about” $150.00. Where in the policy does it state an associated fee to showing up with a child under 5 and also, how does paying that dollar amount affect the amount of noise said child omits? Not to mention the arbitrary “about” $150.00. Do they make up the fee on the spot?
I am extremely disappointed in the Inn at the Oaks policy and they have forever lost my business and the business of my travel happy friends. Regardless of whether or not we are travelling with a child, without, or when she reaches their acceptable age of 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Inn at the OaksAt The Gateway To The National SeashoreThe Inn at the Oaks is a charming 13 room bed and breakfast located in Cape Cod's historic Eastham, MA. We offer spacious and light-filled accommodations, delicious and nourishing breakfasts, thoughtful amenities, and an unfaltering attention to detail that will ensure your Cape Cod vacation experience will be cherished for years to come. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Inn at the Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Oaks Hotel Eastham
- Inn At The Oaks Eastham, Cape Cod, MA