“Home Away a from Home”
Review of Inn at the Oaks

Inn at the Oaks
Ranked #1 of 11 Eastham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed for a weekend and love the place,we had our daughter and grandson and a puppy,
We choose this place because they are pet friendly.
We stayed in a garden room wich was beautiful,looking outside and walking around in the porch at night for fresh air was very relaxing.
My daughter and son and the dog had a beautiful sweet complete with the kitchen and a bed room with two beds a large room it was a real good surprise, very comfortable and clean.
We stayed their a few years ago and that was a disaster We couldn't Waite to get out,the place was felty with plants in the rooms full of dust.
When I made the reservations I was looking for a place pet friendly and I didn't realize was the same place, and was very upset with myself with my mistake.
When we got their we found a complete different place and I was pleasant surprise.
I told my story to the lady in charge and found out their is a new owner and he remodel and replace everything in the house and fixed it around making it all new.
The place is like a home away from,several fire places living rooms very comfortable and cozy library,gift shop,they serve coffee and tea ,cookies and refreshment in the afternoon all good,
Chairs to seat outside, a large ground for children and pets to play outside.
Housekeeper is very friendly and polite,lots of variety items for breakfast nice fresh fruit salad very good for the morning,different kinds of teas and coffee.they should have some low fat milk .
We were very pleased and ill return,we like to go to the cap off season several times,we love Cap Cod.
I recommend this place a lot.

Room Tip: Excellent place for a get away anytime of the year and enjoy clean air to energize for the weeks ahe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We have stayed here a number of times both on season and off. It's a lovely and comfortable place to stay and hang out. We started a fire in the living room and just stayed up late talking one night, one day played catch under the giant oak in the backyard. This is a nicely renovated old house with cool passages, nooks and cranies to explore. Staff is always friendly and efficient. Sit at the big table for breakfast and meet the other guests and gossip with the staff about local happenings. Favorite hotel in Eastham.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed for two nights in the carriage house which was very clean and spacious but smelled a little musty. The main lodging had a very cozy feel to it. Reserving a specific room is on an "as need basis." The Inn keepers were very nice.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house.
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was looking for a B&B close to Truro and the ones available in Provincetown were either too pricey or had no parking. When I found this inn online I thought that it would be too noisey being right on route 6. I figured a little noise was tolerable for the price and location. I arrived earlier than check-in time and was graciously greeted and allowed to check in and enjoy the afternoon cookies. The inn is immaculate and the room delightful. The private bathroom outside my room could be locked by me so that no one else could use the room at anytime. The breakfast was continental and left me satisfied. The parking was more than ample and lit all night. Samantha was very cheerful and helpful making one feel right at home. I was delightfully surprised to not hear any road noise while in the inn. At check-out I was given a little keychain flashlight with the Inn's logo and thought that this was a nice touch. The inn and it's staff are classy and the price is an excellent value. I will definitely be returning for a longer stay soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The inn is ideally situated to the National Seashore beaches. As other reviewers have mentioned, there is quite a bit of street noise. We went there for our 20th anniversary. I was attracted by the private porch and the fireplace in the Garden Room. The room was small and nicely furnished but definitely lacking in privacy. There is a sitting room/ dining area just outside the room and the windows looking out onto the porch made it feel like a fishbowl. The breakfast was continental and adequate but not anything special. Staff were helpful but on the whole, I just felt there was no extra effort. What I thought would be a special experience was just okay--thankfully the beaches and nearby attractions made up for it!

4  Thank deniseo39
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Inn for a couple of nights in October of this year and were very pleased. The Inn and the grounds are immaculate. The staff is super friendly. Because of the Inn being pet friendly we were able to bring our two Shelties along for the trip. I would definitely recommend the Inn At The Oaks for anyone vacationing at Cape Cod.

Diane & Rick (Chloe & Duncan)
West Warwick, RI

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The Inn at the Oaks is impeccably clean and comfortable. The entire staff are warm and welcoming from the moment you step foot ... I felt at home during our stay. Drinks and Cookies were served every evening and there is plenty of space to enjoy around the house and gardens. Free parking is available and we were given lots of advise on how to make the most of our stay. The rooms have a alot of character and it really is all about the detail and customer service at the Inn. I highly recommend the stay here.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple