“Pleasant Cape hotel experience”

Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Pleasant Cape hotel experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

The Four Points by Sheraton is a good choice if you are looking for comfortable lodgings that offer a bit more refinement than the typical Cape Cod motel. The rooms are spacious, tidy and nicely appointed. The beds are especially comfy, with down pillows and comforters. One area they could stand to improve are the bathrooms; they are utilitarian at best, but clean. You are on the Cape, so things are simpler than they might be at a Sheraton in the city, but the Four Points is a solid option in a great, central location.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Westminster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed here two nights mid week with our two children. We had a very enjoyable time.The indoor pool is beautiful. One of the doors to the room leads directly out to the pool area. It is necessary to open a pool gate first though so not to worry with small children. I found this set up extremely convenient. It was nice not to have to walk through the hotel dripping wet to get back to the room. The outdoor pool was also lovely and clean and we enjoyed that very much too.
We used the bike path from the back parking lot that leads to the Cape Cod Rail Trail. It is probably only about 300 yards to the paved rail trail but it is very sandy and the grass is growing in around the wooded trail and it made us a little unsure if we were going the right way. but it is marked with red arrows. Make sure to look for some landmarks when coming back to the hotel from the rail trail or you could miss the small path. We looked for the mile marker 17.2 coming from the orleans direction. The hotel also has a small room to store the bikes overnight.
The food was just ok, but we were happy to have the option when we came back to the hotel at 8:30 one night. Only option for breakfast while we were there was a buffet but they do make eggs or omelettes to order.
The kids want to make this an annual destination and i am looking forward to that too!

1 Thank mariaW_8888
Orange, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We were very happy with our stay, the rooms were spacious and very clean, I was also there on business, looking for a place for my Clients when on the Cape. I met with Cindy in sales, very professional and personable...gave me many options to choose from. Cindy and Jackie (manager) gave me the complete tour. I never felt rushed..(very important)..The pool was sparkling and loved the poolside furniture....everything met all my expectations of what I wanted for my Clients..I will be coming back soon and this is where me and my family will stay. Kelsy @ the front desk was very helpful, encouraged me to become a SPG member...and Kudos to your cook..the Chicken cabonara @ your restaurant was fabulous....All Good!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cindy R
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Cindy R,
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that you have found the perfect hotel for your clients when they're traveling to the Cape. Welcome to the SPG family! We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Newton, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

On a trip to the Cape for a family wedding, we recently stayed in the Highland Suite, a large 2 bedroom suite on the second floor, with a living room area, kitchen table, fridge, microwave, kitchen sink, two bathroom sinks, but one bathroom with a shower, no tub. No elevator so be prepared to drag your bags up the stairs. Small windows looked out at the parking lot. Sliders opened to a "balcony" of sorts looking over the indoor pool. The room was clean but hot and reeked of mold/mildew and chlorine from the pool. We had to run the A/C 24 hours a day to get rid of the stench temporarily and make the stale, hot air breathable. The furniture was modern but sterile and spartan -- no character at all. Although there was adequate closet space, there were no dressers, just odd modular storage units with boxes that could be pulled out. To reach the room, we had to go through a back door or side door to a dark, hot, airless back corridor. Most of the lamps were unplugged (presumably by the housekeepers) when we arrived, so we had to plug them back in to get some light. The remote control sensor on one of the TVs had fallen off, so we had to have the maintenance person come fix it in order to use the remote control. The maintenance person was prompt and pleasant, but smelled like he had just smoked an entire pack of cigarettes. When we checked out , we told the desk clerk about the bad smell in the room and she seemed shocked, and was calling the housekeeping department about it as we were leaving. This hotel has a good location if you need to be in the Eastham/Wellfleet stretch of Route 6 -- but that is about the only thing to commend it. You can do better elsewhere. We would not return to this hotel.

massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Our room was good size room but the air conditioner was extremely loud and drafty. The sound proof was very poor; it was extremely noisy after 11 pm. We had two months baby with us and they gave us a room facing the pool; we reserved a room ahead of time and they could assign a reasonable room for us. The crib that was provided for the baby was extremely law; we could not reach the bottom to get our baby. The bathroom smelled like smoke or mold could not really identify. The shower gel was missing. The internet was not working and Wi-Fi was not working either. The parking is small. One day we could not find the parking at all. One bottle of water per room is complimentary; it should be per guest.

Room Tip: Do not get a room that face the pool - very loud!
Dear mxm98,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We're sorry your stay was not as comfortable as you would have liked. Our interior rooms do tend to be a little louder especially when our hotel is sold out. In the future, please let us know if the room is too loud during your stay and we will be more than happy to move you to a quieter room as long as we have availability. You can also request, ahead of time, an exterior room and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we hope to host you again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Eastham hotels

Phillipston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I'm a HYATT Diamond Club Member, but with no HYATT's available directly on the Cape I felt my next best choice would be a Sheraton Four Points and I was not disappointed. The room and common areas were as to be expected, clean and nicely appointed. It was the high touch service that is the reason I am writing this review and why I will return to Eastham next June. I stepped out of my room in search of an ice machine and was immediately greeted by a smiling employee that asked if she (Georgia) could be of any assistance. I asked for directions to the nearest ice machine and with a big smile she stated that she was a new employee (first week) and was just learning the layout and then she asked if she could take my ice bucket and would return it filled with the directions. Now that's service! Also, room service was prompt and the food was excellent. I have never taken the time to write a review before but my experience with Georgia made an impression on me. I've signed up to become a Starwood Preferred Member and now have two preferred hotels with great rewards!

1 Thank Cazani
Dear Cazani,
Thank you for your positive review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Four Points and experienced great customer service! We strive to deliver great customer service to all our guests and it's great to know when we're doing a good job. Thanks again for sharing and we look forward to inviting and welcoming you here next year!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

My husband and I stay in hotels 25 days a month on business booked and paid by the company we work for. Upon check in, we were told we'd have to leave a personal credit card on file for incidentals, (i don't have a credit card, so we used my debit card) which i didnt mind because the attached restuarant offerred room service which i thought would be convenient. Our initial stay was for 3 nights. Our job and stay were extended into the next week. At this point, I noticed a hold on my personal debit card in the amount of $84. I went to the desk to ask what that was about. Cindy, the sales mgr, seemed nonchalant and made several vague excuses that didn't make sense to me. She never reviewed my account and literally blew me off. So I wrote an email asking bookkeeping to look into this. At 5am the next morning, I noticed 2 additional holds (one for $50 and another for $90) Again, I went to the front desk and talked with the night auditor who advised I was being billed nightly for my room and the $50 was a manditory hold for incidentals. I told her my company had a master card on file and she told me she would talk to the billing dept at 8am. At 9am, I called the desk again to check to see if this issue had been corrected. He told me he would get back to me. So, I sent another email. At 12 noon, another $50 hold was placed on my account. Now, I'm not rich. I was here WORKING, 900 miles from home and I live week to week. My company reimburses my expenses in exchange for my receipts. What I'm getting at is basically my whole weeks pay was in a "hold" status, leaving me $24 bucks til my next payday, 6 days away. So I was upset, mostly because I tried several times to handle this matter and was given the run-a-round, while it kept getting worse. I marched to the front desk and demanded to speak to the GM. I was told to "wait", she was busy. My mind was going crazy...how will i eat< buy gas to get to work?? My husband came around the corner and i literally burst into tears in his arms. Hearing my sobbing, The GM, Jacqui, finally appeared, not sympathic, apologetic or comforting as one might expect, but instead, threatening to call the police on me if I didn't calm down!!!! She gave me every reason in the world why I was at fault for these holds and never once apologized or accepted responsibility for her billing depts mishap. They did call my bank and ask the holds be released, but my bank explained they did not accept written or faxed releases and my money would be held for 10 days...the end. Then I was advised by the hotel to cancel my card because of my "bank" policies. It wasn't there fault and why should i have to be inconvenienced by cancelling my card ensuring I wouldn't get my paycheck direct deposit i was so badly in need of to get home? We got one free breakfast for all this. And it doesn't end there. I found the management company's website and I emailed every president, CEO, COO, and customer relation;s person who's email I could find. In return, I got a generic form letter with a cc to the hotel's GM. Once again, my job was extended and when my company called to extend my stay there by another week, the hotel refused, stating I was smoking in the room and there was no availibility for the following week. That is not true, because all my co-workers are still there. So my company arranged for my husband and I to stay elsewhere, but when we checked out, I requested the executive housekeeper to come and personally inspect my room for smoking while I was present. Needless to say, we came up clean.
I am an elite diamond member of every other major hotel chain and we have been treated with respect and dignity everywhere else in the US, except for this one hotel that I was so excited to be staying at. Beautiful hotel and great ammenities with the worst and rudest customer service I have encountered in our 5 years of business travel.

Room Tip: no elevators. if you have a room adjacent to the indoor swimming pool, it could get quite noisy dur...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank vivianktoler
FPEastham, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
It was truly unfortunate that while you were visiting with us your debit card was used against your knowledge to authorize potential charges once your stay was extended. This would not have happened had we been contacted by your company. We made every effort to convince your bank to release the hold but they would not consider the request. I feel that the staff was genuinely apologetic and I am sorry that this was not your perception. I can imagine your frustration in being so far from home without money readily available to you. Again, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced and I wish you well in your future travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#7 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Courtyard Cape Cod Hyannis
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod? Share your experiences!