“Town Crier Motel in Eastham, MA”
Review of Town Crier Motel

Town Crier Motel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Town Crier Motel in Eastham, MA on Route 6. I just wanted to write about the wonderful experience I had there. The Cannons (hotel owners) went out of their way to ensure that my stay was a pleasant one. Our room was a good size, clean, and comfortable. The hotel grounds are lovely with an expanse of beautiful landscaped areas of grass, trees, and flowers as well as having outdoor furniture on the front lawn which was nice to use. The property also has a great indoor pool and breakfast restaurant which I took full advantage of. The Cape Cod Bike Trail is right there for walking or biking and the motel is centrally located to all of Eastham's Atlantic and Bay beaches, the Cape Cod National Seashore, and Audubon Wild Life Refuge. I would highly recommend this motel and will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: As there is a lot of frontage from the rooms to the Route 6 area at the front, I found my room and t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank NotAWallflower

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We have stayed here many times. It's close to all the best beaches. Provincetown and Chatham are close and it is right in the national seashore. Rooms are spotless and updated. Breakfast is good and the owners are friendly and helpful. The pool is huge and the kids love it. We spend a lot of time there. We wouldn't, stay anywhere else on the cape. There is a great clam shack with a nice mini golf right next door so we always play a round. Highly recommend it. Clean affordable and convenient to all the outer cape attractions.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the office are quieter
Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We just got back from a two night stay at the Town Crier and we were very pleased. For the money, this hotel is a good value. Yes, the rooms are dated, yes, there is no patio, just a concrete slab on the sidewalk for a place to relax outside but it was very nice. It was very clean, centrally located to the bike path, Ben and Jerry's, Arnold's, and a short drive to P-town. It was also right down the street from the National SeaShore and Bike rentals. I would stay there again for sure. The beds were SUPER comfy.

Room Tip: King size bed was super comfy and the room there the ice machine was kind of loud.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We spent two nights, 8/8/13-8/9/13, at the Town Crier. We loved the spacious clean room. They have a beautiful pool. The location of the hotel is great! So close to some beautiful beaches, Hyannis and Provincetown as well as many other places. The owners are so helpful; we had a flat tire when we were departing. The owner fixed it for us and wouldn’t even take any money! If we are ever out on the Cape again, we would definitely stay at the Town Crier.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This isn't the Ritz, but it's a decent, cheap motel worth staying at for a Cape vacation. It's very close to beaches and restaurants. The rooms are clean, the sinks and showers work, there's a tv and a mini-fridge. The pool was big and there were plenty of towels for swimmers - we had a great time just hanging out there one evening after dinner. I read stories about the owner on this site so I was expecting a real character but I was disappointed because she just seemed like a regular person. No, the furniture's not new and there aren't shampoos in the shower, but I'd rather spend my money on a whale watch in Providence (30 mins away) or on mini-golf (down the street) than on a motel. I was here with my boyfriend and son and we were all comfortable and happy. I'd probably skip the restaurant if I had to do it again, but it wasn't bad. (By the way, whoever wrote in their review that they couldn't figure out the door handle must be missing a common-sense gene.)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I enjoyed our stay at the Town Crier. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and it's inexpensive and a simple place. My friends and I really enjoyed swimming in the pool. The breakfast buffet was inexpensive and delicious with so much food. The famous Arnold's restaurant featured on diners dine ins and dives is literally right next door along with a really fun mini golf place. Nearby are fun lakes and beaches and many places to shop and sight see.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The owners were very friendly and courteous, and provided great customer service. When we arrived a weekend early because of an error on my part transferring the reservation dates to my calendar, the owner spent almost half an hour calling area hotels looking for a free room. When everything in the area was booked up, she found a room for us online in Hyannis. I really felt that she went above and beyond.

We returned the next weekend for our original reservation, and were pleased with our room. The Town Crier is not a luxury hotel, but who wants to waste money on one of those? Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Room amenities included a flat screen television, refrigerator, microwave, and wireless internet. The only small issue is that the water temperature in the shower is tricky to adjust.

The exterior of the motel is attractive. There's an indoor pool, and a reasonably priced breakfast buffet. However, we can't comment on either of those. It's in Eastham, which is centrally located, and is a reasonably short drive to other locations on the Cape.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Land's End Inn
#5 of 8 in Orleans
Blue Dolphin Inn
Blue Dolphin Inn
#5 of 9 in Eastham

Been to Town Crier Motel? Share your experiences!