“TOWN CRIER MOTEL”

Oxford, Connecticut
“TOWN CRIER MOTEL”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

NANCY SWIATLON

MY husband and I have been coming to the Town Crier for years. There location is great and it happens to be right next to our favorite restaurant. I'ts a nice hotel with clean rooms and also has a restaurant on premises for breakfast that is also great. Look forward to the trip every year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy S
TownCrier8, Owner at Town Crier Motel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
So nice of you to give us such a nice review, Nancy. We look forward to having you with us again next month and you have no idea how much our wonderful staff appreciates your kind words.
Judy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I'm probably on the road 45-50 nights per year so I do have some experience. Town Crier is certainly not a new large franchise operation. It is, however, a lovely motel in a nice section of Cape Cod. It is very reasonably priced and spotlessly clean. The cleanliness is most important to my wife and me. We both slept well, usually not easy for me when away from home. I'll stay here again in a minute. We did not eat here. This is a basic local motel. It is as good as they come in this category. Don't worry about it. Tom G, 5/6/2014

Room Tip: I have no tips to offer. This is a bread and butter motel in a resort area. It is safe and clean.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tomgmidlo
Port Jefferson, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've been coming to the Town Crier with my family ever since I was a little girl. I've been up since on my own and with friends. I love staying here. The location is great, pretty centrally located on the cape- the ocean, bay, ponds, and beautiful marshes all within a 5 minute drive. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. It is family owned, and you can tell. I've always received a warm welcome from employees and the owners are so sweet! I would absolutely recommend this place if you're looking for a good deal without having to sacrifice for quality.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
NJ
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple nights and was pleasantly surprised.

Rooms were clean and the price was great.

If you like to bike and enjoy the beach it's in the perfect location for you.

Only issue was the beds weren't the most comfortable.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just recently stayed at the Town Crier for two nights. We used a deal on Living social which was $135 for two nights, ice cream, wine, and bike rentals for two. Great value! We had a great trip! The hotel room was very clean and we were happy with how spotless the bathroom was. The room was old fashioned, but cute with a beachy feel to it. There was a new flat screen TV and a fridge and microwave. All of the staff seemed very friendly and willing to help when we needed it. We loved the bike rentals and ice cream included in the deal. We had a wonderful trip and would definitely go back!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank briannnna7
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Last fall I stayed at the Town Crier Motel. I don't do the beach that much so I thoroughly enjoyed the clean warm pool. The room was clean, enjoyable and had everything I needed and the staff was pleasant and there to help. The breakfast buffet is reasonable and good. I just did some traveling and none of the buffets I tried came close to the Town Crier. I feel the same about the rooms and the grounds and the staff.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris J
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Just got home from an awesome weekend full of intensive Poekoelan training at Willys Gym which is really close to the Town Crier Motel. All the things I needed were there.

A shower/bath with lots of water pressure that could go quite hot when I needed it too.
A fridge and microwave
A coffeemaker (with complementary coffee)
A HUGE big screen TV. (Make sure to bring you laptop with HDMI cable;)
Two big beds and some nice chairs.
The owner that I met was a nice lady with a big smile.

Room Tip: My room was lucky 13 near the back.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo