“Disappointed”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Valatie, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We had reserved a room with a king size bed several months in advance, but when we arrived, the only rooms available were rooms with two double beds. The room could have been cleaner. I don't think they vacuumed for the three nights we were there. The pictures on the website make the rooms look much larger than they actually are. The lighting in the room is terrible!! However, the motel is next door to the best breakfast buffet I have ever had.

3 Thank Robin751

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bellingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Come here often because in the busy months it is very affordable. We find it to be clean and quiet and just what we need at a long day. It is a hotel guys, I am disappointed at some of the reviews. I like this place a lot because it has been a common name here in Massachusetts since before I was born. I will continue to recommend this place to whomever asks.

On a side note, be sure to check out the all you can eat breakfast buffet next door. AMAZING.

Whitman
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit as I loved it here last year. This year, I think the combination of the dark bed linens/rug, low lighting and finding dead bugs & other people's trash behind furniture (needed an outlet) was a bit off-putting. The room just 'felt' dirty. There were a few other nit-picky things (only volume worked on remote & tv kept changing from color to B&W); I'm sure staff would've fixed it if I said something but it was late at night. Otherwise, reasonable rates & good location.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Sara M
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This review is my way of thanking Sheila, Minnie and other staff at the Blue Dolphin Inn in Eastham, Cape Cod. I was wih my 3 children under 12 y.o. and we had the best time there! If we needed a grill, we got it, if we needed a microwave, we got it...and they refused tips!! They went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Rooms were immaculate and staff gave you the option of daily maid service or DIY and just get fresh towels and empty trash. There is a pool, a playground for kids and the whole property is nestled in lovely woods with manicured lawns and we even saw baby rabbits roaming around! Very nature oriented. WIFI and cable TV all inclusive. The patios were cleaned daily by staff and I cant ay enough about how if you had a need, all you did was pick up the phone and call the front desk and Minnie or Sheila were on it!!! The rates are very reasonable too, as well as different style rooms/accomodations! We will definately be back there next year 2014! You really cant afford not to check this place out!! Sincerely, The Wolterbeek family

Room Tip: When booking ask staff what type of rooms are available, some with stoves, refrigerators, microwaves...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Colleen W
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Blue Dolphin Inn. The staff, from the front desk to the housekeeping, was friendly and courteous. The rooms were clean and better than expected for the relatively low cost. There was a lovely courtyard and pool, and considering the excellent location and modest cost, we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of this hotel. The room had a reasonable size refrigerator and microwave, and the bed was very comfortable. If you are expecting the Ritz Carleton, this is not the hotel for you. If you are expecting a clean, comfortable room in a great location with a friendly and helpful staff, I would recommend the Blue Dolphin. We will be staying here again, and would definitely recommend to others.

1 Thank chrisnatenan
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was our second summer stay at the Blue Dolphin Inn & it will most definitely be our last. The cleanliness of the room was ok except for the bathroom, we found a clump of hair in the shower that didn't belong to either one of us, the sink didn't drain properly & the toilet made an annoying loud humming noise every time you flushed it. We also were not able to use the pool since it was so dirty & green, it looked like a swamp! When they did finally clean it, we still couldn't use it because of all the chemicals that were put in. They didn't even inform us about the pool situation when we arrived, we had to find out from another guest what was going on with it. We were very disappointed with our stay, this place is very poorly managed, the only positive thing about it is it's cheap & close to the beach.

4 Thank Kim F
New
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was my first visit to Cape Cod, and I can not wait to go back. A huge reason was my stay here at the Blue Dolphin. I was greeted by a friendly staff and had perfect accommodations. The room was fairly large and the beds were very comfortable. More importantly, the room and bathroom were very clean. That is a must when staying anywhere outside the comforts of your own home. There was a small mini fridge which was very convenient for my wife and I. They also had free wi-fi. What more could I ask for. I will definitely be back, hopefully once more this summer.

1 Thank DavidPet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod
Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center
Wellfleet Motel
Wellfleet Motel
#2 of 4 in Wellfleet

Been to Blue Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!