“Way better than a typical motel”

Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed at Eagle Wing for one night during Memorial weekend. The rooms are spotlessly clean, (better than most expensive brand name hotel chains), with everything you could need including a variety of toiletries, and the owners are very friendly, helpful and eager for guests to enjoy their stay. I will definitely stay there again. Also as a solo traveller the room rates are great value!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the road but even those nearest it don't get a lot of noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank boatdrinks999
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful response. It really means a lot to us. We are so happy that your stay in Eastham area turned out so good! We definitely look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife & I have stayed at the Eagle Wing for many years. In April we came to the Cape twice to look for paintings, prints & photos, the 1st time with my cousin & his wife.There was nothing to think about where to stay as the Eagle Wing is centrally locate and always top notch...We got to meet John & Mel the new owners for the 1st time. We immediately love them, very friendly,knowledgable & just plain great people...Oh,and the rooms were immaculate.If you're interested in vacationing on the Cape, you really should experience John & Mel & this very, very nice motel.

Room Tip: They are all spacious , the beds are very comfortable & the rooms are spotless.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BobA9
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you guys so much for the super review. Wow! It's guests like you that actually fuel us to get up in the morning and do it again no matter what is in front of us. Hopefully, the art work got home without any dings and scratches. Look forward to having you guys back up here soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at Eagle Wing Guest Motel on Route 6, Eastham, MA, during Memorial Day Wknd (5/26/2012 - 5/28/2012). Although it was our first visit, we were treated as if we had been their long time personal friends! This is a family business in which the emphasis is on the unique blend of genuine warmth, friendliness, and hospitality not found in a hotel chain. Absolutely no pretense or conversational 'script' here! Within minutes of entering the modest but inviting office, you feel as if you had known the management for years! John is a stellar ambassador of Eagle Wing's hospitality and customer care!

Our spacious room (#19) felt more like a cottage than a motel room, with its quaint little rear deck perched upon the lovely green landscape. Front and rear windows and doors provide comfortable and welcome cross ventilation . (Of course, the rooms are also air conditioned.) It was also great to be able to open the bathroom window to vent the steam from the shower instead of relying upon old, noisy bathroom vents typically found in hotel rooms. For me, a good judge of a hotel is often the condition of the towels. Eagle Wing's towels are thick, fluffy and soft...just like you want at home! We found the room, and especially the bathroom, spotlessly clean, fixtures shining. Our room had a comfortable (king) bed, plenty of drawer and closet storage space, and more than ample lighting (lamps as well as recessed lighting).

We had a wonderful experience at Eagle Wing, look forward to other opportunities to visit, and would definitely recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms have back door/deck, so I recommend requesting it specifically.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank snw-bri
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Wow. Thank you so much. People are going to think we paid you to write this review. Thank you again so much! It was such a pleasure to meet with you and your husband. You two are one of the most wonderful people we have ever met; so full of life and adventure. Hope to see you and your bikes up here again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I normally do not stay at non-brand hotels/motels, but with the ratings tripadvisor gave this motel I decided to give it a try. My husband and I are so glad we did. The room was large, looked newly renovated, and probably the cleanest room we ever stayed in and I stay in hotels about 30 nights every year. John and his wife, the owners, were very friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. They seemed to want to make sure everything is perfect for your stay. Coffee, juice, and muffins were available each morning. When we go back to Cape Cod, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tigerlily62
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

This is a great review, especially coming from a couple that are from the hotel business. Thank you so much. It was really nice to meet you both. Definitely enjoyed all our conversations about biking and the hotel business. Your room is always here waiting for you. Hope too see you both soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

If your priorities are a central location, great value and friendly people this hotel is the place. I am the type of person that spends most of my time exploring and trying new restaurants so I don't spend much time in my room. Eastham is central to the Cape Cod area where I was able to visit the far eastern part of the Cod along with a short drive down the coast towards Chatham. There are restaurants within a few minutes drive along with a movie theater, other shopping areas and the beach.

This basic motel is cleaner than most of the modern luxury hotels that I have stayed in. The spacious room with a small flat screen TV, phone, table and windows on both sides of the room was comfortable for the limited time I spent awake in the room.

The couple that runs the property are very friendly and I also agree that the muffins are delicious. With the great location comes traffic noise. It is located off of Highway 6 so if you are a light sleeper the noise could keep you up but I slept through most of it because the fresh air knocked me out!

If you are looking for a place to visit the entire Cape for a great value this is the place. If you are planning to spend time in one location to take advantage of the beach you may want to consider other locations on the beach. Also, I am not sure about public transportation so I would suggest renting a car.

One more thing...when leaving the Cape traffic can be backed up near Sandwich starting around 3:30pm and takes hours to cross the bridge while there is construction, so try to leave the Cape earlier if possible.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper maybe a room in a corner to block street noise if you are a light sleeper...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you very much Anita for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms very clean. That definitely means a lot to us. We really make every effort to ensure that all our guests find their rooms spotless and clean. We hope to see you again in your travels.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Impeccably clean, spacious, and centrally located, the Eagle Wing Guest Motel has everything we look for while staying on the Cape. As a couple traveling with no children, we like to stay at this quiet, well-managed property. After the first few years of visiting other B&B's on Cape Cod, which were often expensive and generic, we found that this motel had terrific hospitality, reasonable rates, and the B&B atmosphere that we craved when we traveled to the Cape. Mary and Gerry have exceeded every standard of hospitality in our stays with them. They have invested a lot in the property throughout the years, adding new flatscreen tv's, wi-fi, and most recently, new mattresses for each of the rooms. This was fine for my husband. However, I have a bad back. When they found out that the mattress was too firm for my comfort during a stay last spring, they purchased a down mattress cover for use during our return trip in the fall. I appreciated their insight and thoughtfulness. This is just another example of the unsolicited kindness and attitude of customer service that we have long seen here. After a long day of sightseeing, it is wonderful to park our car mere feet from the door, and not have to climb stairs or walk down long hallways to find comfort and relief. We have brought family and friends here for vacations several times, and would gladly recommend this motel to any respectful traveler!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robin M
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We spent 3 nights here as a starting point for our first visit to cape cod. It's central location makes it ideal for exploring the entire area. Even tho this is a motel, it reminds me of a B & B- juice, coffee and delicious muffins every morning, gracious and personable hosts, and the long open porch along the back with chairs and tables to enjoy the forested view. The room was spotless, bed comfortable. There is a small refrigerator in the room; no coffee maker. No kids, pets, or smoking- but not an issue for us. There is a small pool which will open in May. As others have mentioned, it's right on a busy road, but with the heat/fan going, we didn't hear anything. We were told by a bike shop owner that this motel had recently changed owners?? We didn't ask them, but they were very helpful and have owned properties before and seem very knowledgable about their business.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sklnurse2
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for the compliments. We really appreciate your wonderful feedback. It was our pleasure to have met the both of you. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you for the wonderful conversations in the lobby. We enjoyed those very much.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Pleasant Bay Village
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod

Been to Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod? Share your experiences!