“End of season shouldn't mean poor service...”

Laura & Tony's Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Eastham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Description: We are open from May - Columbus Day Weekend -We specialize in Breakfast serving an "Amazing Breakfast Buffet" Slow food , made from scratch , cooked in small batches . We serve the basics plus Homemade Bagels , Smoked salmon , Homemade Carrot Cake ,Cinnamon rolls hot from the oven , Tony's Quiche , Sausage Gravy and biscuits, assorted frittata, fresh fruit ,yogurt and granola all for $11.95! Organic Sumatra coffee locally roasted from The Beanstock Coffee Roasters , fresh squeezed Orange Juice - did I mention we have $3.00 Bloody Marys and Mimosas? We offer a sliding scale for the kids $5.95 12 and under , $3.95 6 and under and 3 and under eats for free!WE have Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Vegan options available upon request. Free WIFI.
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Food was pretty good. The owner told us to ask if something we wanted wasn't on the Buffett because they prepare everything in small batches. It tasted pretty good with the highlights being the homemade bagels and pretty good pastries. However, drink service was pretty bad. We each had just one drink and no refills. A pitcher of water was left with us. A 4oz OJ was 2.50, when a large mimosa was advertised as $3!! Our server said all of her help went back to college. Well... Hire some other help when that happens!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

A pretty sad experience. First, their website led us astray with patently false and misleading information. Check their site to check what we are saying.
We asked about the blueberry pancakes, Belgian waffles and fresh OJ. They said they didn't have those this day. But they really highlight them on they site.
Then we got a surprise on the bill. We were charged $2.50 each for a very small glass of OJ. Not fresh squeezed as the site says. But the real kicker was charging us extra for the OJ and the coffee. Now we know that buffets sometimes do that. But it is usually very clear.

If you go to their site and click on the breakfast buffet you will see a list of items they have of the buffet. Coffee and OJ are listed along with many other items( several of which were not, as we said, available) with no extra charge listed. The very last item on the site is a mimosa and it clearly states that costs $3 extra. Which would lead a reasonable person to assume the other items are all included at no extra charge.

We pointed this out to Laura on their site when we received the bill. $1.95 for coffee and $2.50 for OJ. She looked at the site information on my phone and said I was the first person to point that out. I told her it was clearly misleading and about $10 to our bill. She said she would go broke if she didn't charge that. Fine. But why be misleading on so many things. At the least service people at most buffets will state what is not included. Check out the site to see what we mean.

We stated that it was clearly wrong to mislead on what items are on the buffet- especially the more desirable ones- and on the extra charge. Her last statement was, "Nice try." As if I was trying to get something for nothing.

Not a good place. The coffee was very good as were some items. The service people were nice and on the job. Can't say much for the owner who either intentionally or unintentionally misleads.

1  Thank Frank A
hopperfish, Owner at Laura & Tony's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

It is hard as a business owner to decide when you are going to respond to a review or not - you just don't want to seem so defensive but this review is borderline slanderous so I am def going to respond .
First of all we always have and always will serve Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice. It is a premium product and that is reflected in the taste and price.Our coffee is Organic Sumatra from the Beanstock - it is too a premium product that we pay a premium price because we believe it is the best - it is locally roasted - sometimes the beans are still warm when they deliver .

It clearly states on my website that it is an " All you Can Eat 'Buffet for $11.95 then goes on to list items on our beverage menu which is posted on our wall as big as day behind the buffet - complete with prices -check out the pictures on trip advisor -there is no deceit or deception - I am doing nothing to mislead or trick anyone into anything.
This gentleman prefaced his inquiry with me - " I want to tell you we thoroughly enjoyed the buffet " and then went on to tell me and show me my website - which clearly said an " All you can Eat" . There is even a sandwich board in front of my restaurant that advertises " All you can eat" Buffet.With large posters in my windows advertising my $3.00 Bloody Marys and Mimosas!
I really couldn't believe that he thought I would be able to carve out a living offering a buffet and all beverages for $11.95 - a buffet that includes smoked salmon , homemade bagels , eggs benedict, custom omelettes made to order, sauteed fresh vegetables with curry, homemade gluten free quiche , fresh fruit yogurt granola , homemade cinnamon rolls , carrot cake, coffee cake Sausage gravy and biscuits , Pancakes and Bread pudding French toast, Tony's Homemade grits, assorted fritattas, homemade sourdough bread and a bagel bar of assorted cream cheeses and my homemade cranberry Jam - we believe in real ,slow food , made from scratch and we cook everything in small batches because we also believe fresh is best!
The items that we offer on the buffet change often with the season or with the chef's whim - our loyal customers love the variety of our buffet.!
I do realize that we can't please everyone - but honestly that is our goal and it is hurtful when we fall short and someone is not satisfied with our work.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stopped by Laura & Tony's for breakfast and really enjoyed our meal. I personally liked the homemade bagels, hot and right out of the oven, they were so good and there were all these homemade toppings such as scallion and cream cheese and homemade jam to go on them. They were just delicious. My husband just loved the coffee cake, we ate two pieces each, it was the best coffee cake ever. We also had homemade eggs benedict and an omelette. The french toast and pancakes were really good too. I thought the best part was that everything was brought out in small quantities so it was hot and fresh. I would go back again in a minute. Price was a few dollars higher than the ordinary breakfast buffet where they just let the food sit out.

2  Thank crp1385
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by friends so we decided to give it a try. What a disappointment! The servers were very nice but when we asked if we could order a la carte the waiter said we would be better off with the buffet for a dollar or two more. The buffet was the sorriest looking one I had ever seen with servers coming out of the kitchen periodically yelling out whatever they were refilling at the moment. The "eclectic" decor was something out of that TV show where the chef remakes the restaurant. Maybe he needs to be called to do this one. And the coffee...well we stopped at another establishment down the road to have a cup that wasnt going to put hair on my chest. All in all, very unsatisfying.

2  Thank pattie329
hopperfish, Owner at Laura & Tony's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our " Amazing Breakfast Buffet" - we like to say it is the Unbuffet- buffet - so yes rather than having the food sitting waiting for you - we feel fresh is best and that most people would prefer to wait for something made for them !
As far as our Coffee we spend alot of money to have Organic Sumatra that is locally roasted sometimes the beans are still warm when they are delivered- Beanstock Coffee to be exact - I agree someone who does not like robust coffee would not like ours - again I am sorry !

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Buffets and breakfast do not always have a happy marriage. The food just doesn't well in mass quantities. It sits on the steam table too long. Or it just wasn't very good to begin with.
Fortunately, no such issues at Laura & Tony's. The family and I decided to break out of our morning routine and have a treat for my birthday.
As others have mentioned, the food comes out in relatively small batches, so you avoid food-aging and overcooking. Everything was very good or better, though the cinnamon rolls may be a tad over-praised. The website also implies that fresh-squeezed orange juice is included in the $11.95 adults/$5.95 price. It isn't. We skipped it. Not so, the $3 bloody mary, which was both generous and delectable.
An especially nice touch is that you can have made-to-order Eggs Benedict. It's a dish I usually avoid for caloric reasons, but decided to indulge for a day. Was glad I did. If you're staying in the Eastham area, this is a worthwhile stop at least once. Or maybe just once, as your waistline won't forgive you otherwise. Either way, make it a stop. Just get there before noon. Because Laura & Tony is a breakfast place. Only.

2  Thank murrayhill

Thank you so much for visiting " Laura & Tony's Kitchen" and for writing a review - did you know that we also have a menu available when a buffet is too much or when you just would like someone to help with portion control?
Also we have many healthy options available - I like to explain it as we have all of the good and all of the bad : )
We have vegan and vegetarian options - egg whites , custom omelettes , we also have sauteed fresh vegetables served on the buffet !
Thanks again for your review - it really means alot to us and our business!