“Great location & great value”

Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Winthrop, Massachusetts
“Great location & great value”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We has been consistent visitors of the Ocean Park Inn over the past 10 years, missing only 2/3 years. We have never written a review, but thought it was about time we did. I must say the Ritz it isn't, however for a clean room in a great location with an incredibly friendly staff and at a great price we have found it to be perfect. The added value of being able to use the amenitys of the Four Points Sheraton next door is icing on the cake. If its a rainy day, feel free to go next door to the inside pool. We usually go down for 3/4 days and have found the OPI o be great. A great family experience!

1 Thank Jim L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Our 3rd visit to the Ocean Park Inn! Once again, we had an enjoyable stay..rooms are super clean, staff is always accommodateing & friendly. Enjoyed the amneities at the Four Points Sheraton next door...my granddaughter loved the indoor pool! This is an awesome location, close to beaches & the National Seashore Park..great area for families! See you all again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We're a first-time dog-owning family, so traveling with our pooch is new to us. I didn't realize how hard it is to find hotels that accept dogs, so I was very happy that Ocean Park Inn was welcoming to our dog. Rooms were clean and spacious, staff very friendly. This inn is great on its own, but is also affiliated with the Sheraton next door so you can use their amenities, such as their pool, as well.

1 Thank CompassRose71W
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I don't even know where to begin with this review besides the fact that it was the worst hotel, correction motel, I have ever stayed in. I was going down to the Cape Friday night with five friends for a wedding I was attending Saturday. Before arriving to the hotel, I was on the website http://www.capecodopi.com/ , multiple times and it was completely deceiving. No where on the website does it state this is a Motel. I expected to be staying a a nice Cape Cod resort and the moment I pulled into the parking lot I was in shock. The pool is the first thng I saw and I was immediately disappointed, the whole reason for arrivng late Friday night was to have the ability to relax by the pool Saturday before the wedding, I don't even know how anyone would be able to sit by the pool, let alone relax, it was disgusting. Then we checked in and proceeded to go to our room. When we walked into our room the smell was almost unbearable, very harsh smell of sewage. Besides the fact that the rooms were out-dated, they were also horrendous. There were no closets, just a pole sticking out of the wall for us to hang our dresses on. Since we arrived late, my friend went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face for bed, all of a sudden I hear her scream, there was a huge cockroach in the sink. After killing the first cockroach we then saw a lot of moths, spiders, and other huge bugs all netted in cob webs that had to be growing over several years. The white towels they provided were tinted yellow, with red and brown stains covering them. I remember reading that the Four Points Sheraton was their sister hotel and had to call over there because the reception at Ocean Park Inn closed at 11pm and we immediately wanted to leave this place. There were no rooms unfortunately that night so we had to wait until 8am to call back and try and find a room for that next night. After not being able to sleep in all the flith we left the hotel room once it became light out and waited until we could try and switch out at 8am. After many calls, trips back and forth to the office, housekeeping verfiying that everything we were saying was the truth about the room, they switched us into the hotel next door. But it wasn't a smooth process, the GM was apparently not working all weekend and the people working kept telling us they didn't have the authority to give us a refund and kept using that as an excuse for not being able to help us out. It was an overall horrible experience and I highly do not recommend staying here. It is completely deceiving, the website never mentions that it is a motel, the pictures are not even of the actual property, and the rooms are absolutely disgusting. Also very over priced, $192 per night with a two-night minimum is outrageous for the qualtiy of the place. I took pictures of all the spiders. bugs, and towels but do not know how to upload them onto the website.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank gmk123
Cassandra_Innkeeper, Manager at Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Hi “gmk123”,

Hello, I hope I do not come off as defensive as I attempt to address the items that you mentioned in your review. First off, I believe you are the first person who has expressed any complaint about the outdoor pool so I was surprised to read that in your review. As you can see from the pictures on the website, the Ocean Park Inn is clearly a motel-style property. Our Executive Housekeeper did verify a single spider was found in the room. Yes, any insect is not pleasant however we are an outdoor property and it is nearly impossible for us to keep all of mother natures small insects out. You did mention a “cockroach.”, which was unconfirmed as you had disposed of the specimen. As for the towels being stained, we did check them with you in the room and they were not stained. Your father made arrangements for you to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton due to your discomfort with the property; we did not “move” you. We are very sorry that you did not find your stay pleasurable and hope that you did enjoy the rest of your weekend and were satisfied with the compensation that was extended to you.

Travellers are raving about these Eastham hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We booked this room last minute for a family get together - if it was a better price point (not the $180 plus per night) I would appreciate this motel better. The shower was really bad and the bed was a typical motel - but if you didn't get any promotions (2nd night free, etc ) stay somewhere else.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Excellent customer service, cozy New England Style, unique lawn and picnic area with building length balconies make this a very enyoyable place to stay. Rooms were cleaned well daily and the location was quiet and convienient. The in-room fridge, and the office coffee station and microwave are a plus and the staff goes out of their way to assist you and provide what you need. This lodging is not a "fancy" place, but rather, is friendly and welcoming, with an at-home feel. We were there for a week and were very happy, will definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms perpendicular to the road get less direct sun if you plan to be on balcony during the day.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hi “Madrone55”,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and I appreciate you taking the time to post a review!
We are thrilled to see you enjoyed our inn and got the real feel for our property. As you said,
although we are not fancy, we strive to be friendly and welcoming and provide clean, comfortable
and convenient accommodations. I will be sure to pass along the positive comments to our staff.
We look forward to seeing you again!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We were very disappointed by our room, because it had no table & therefore didn't have 2 chairs for the 2 of us to sit. There weren't many rooms that had both desk & a table, but we were lucky enough that such a room was free on our 2nd night. Every time we made a request, the staff were very eager to help, however, we shouldn't have had to make so many requests. In all the rooms we looked at, there was a cheap horizontal blind on the east side of the room that did not block the early morning light & we were awakened at 5:45 a.m. We had to get the maintenance staff to put cardboard on the window, There was also no curtain in the shower in 1 room & a see through curtain in the other, so the light from the bathroom woke us up. There was almost no space to put anything in the bathroom & no place to hang towels. The room was cramped, with little space to hang anything. I wouldn't have stayed here if I hadn't gotten a special rate because of a course I was taking next door.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a desk & a table. Get them to put cardboard in the raised window before you...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hi “icjg”,

Thank you for your honest feedback. Yes, it is true that not all of our rooms have a table and two
chairs due to the different layout in some of our rooms. Some have a desk and a chair and some have a table and two chairs. Thank you for bringing to our attention the light that shines in the back window. We had not heard this before and we will be sure to look into it. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied during your stay but I am happy to hear that the staff was eager to assist.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
#5 of 9 in Eastham
Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod
Viking Shores Motor Inn
Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center

Been to Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod? Share your experiences!