“Good seafood...”

Captain Jack's Roadside Shack
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Easthampton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Finally stopped in to try some seafood at Captain Jack's. My husband ordered the seafood platter and I ordered the fish tacos, onion rings and a cup of clam chowder. My husband liked his meal. This is the fist time I had fish tacos. They were okay. The order has 2 tacos with the fish covered in coleslaw with a slightly spicy sauce.
The clam chowder was tasty and the onion rings were great but way too many. I just had too much food. The onion rings could have been shared by 4-5 people.
We live about 2 miles from Captain Jack's so we took our food home. The staff was pleasant and did a great job getting all our food ready to go. Our food was $35 but the price for the clams & scallops were what we pay at other places. We will go back again in the future but the next time I will try the fried calm or scallop meal instead of the fish tacos.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Captain Jack's is a place that we had wanted to try for quite a while. We had fried clams and found them to be the best--even better than what we had at the Cape. The amount was very generous and perfectly done. We'll be back again without a doubt!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had wanted to stop in after driving by so many times. I finally did and was disappointed. I ordered the whole belly clam dinner for $20, they give you one small tarter sauce and have the nerve to charge you an extra one. The portion of clams was not that generous so for $20 I would expect that the extra tartar would be included. Clams were a bit over done, the fries and cole slaw were great. Won't be back as I can get better clams at a more reasonable price elsewhere (and they don't charge extra for more tartar sauce). Also, don't ask for a glass of water, they won't give it to you, you must buy bottled water, I don't buy bottled water if I can avoid it as I don't want to add the the waste stream.

2  Thank WesternMAtravels
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I hate to bash a business and I really waited awhile to write this. I ordered the fish and chips and asked what type of fish is used in the dish the woman said that it is sustainable. I asked is it haddock or cod and she repeated with disgust that it's sustainable and went on to lecture me as to what sustainable fish is! The (sustainable fish) meal was greasy and overpriced. Not sure what type if fish they use for the fish & chips, but I will not go back again.

4  Thank oucican
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Visited Captain Jacks when they first opened and was disappointed with the fried clam plates. Very few clams and piles of soggy, greasy fries. Gave it a few years before I stopped again, figured they'd have worked out the kinks. I ordered the lobster roll. The amount of meat was adequate, but the roll was a mini hotdog roll so I ran out of bread before I finished eating. Maybe they should use the footling rolls so it actually looks like a lobster roll instead of an open faced sandwich...the real treat was while I was eating it I pulled a long gray or blonde hair out of the lobster meat. Yummy, NOT! Got more than I paid for. Guess I'll give them a few more years to improve their portions and quality control. Not impressed.

4  Thank dwmjrjam