“Out of the ordinary”

Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Routes 106 & 123
Description: L O C O tapas & wine bar offers tapas “nueva” style, focusing on traditional tapas from the Catalonia, basque, and La Rioja regions of Spain while utilizing only first class ingredients sourced from the finest purveyors and farms. L O C O tapas boasts a separate ultra sexy lounge with a handmade copper bar and an array of leather couches and chairs along with a very sophisticated, yet comfortable for all dining room, and the professionally trained chefs offer cuisine for those with the most discerning of palettes.
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We have been to Loco's a few times (usually with a Groupon) but we love it. Its not your average setting or food. The restaurant is decorated in dark colors and red velvet curtains, the lighting is dim and the setting is sophisticated. We've tried several of the appetizers such as the Patatas Bravas (fried potatoes), the steamed mussels, the fried calamari and the sauteed shrimp but I think our favorite is the Mac N Manchego. Not your grandma's mac and cheese, very smoky and savory...yum!!! We had the Paella which was enough to feed the two of us and the warm chocolate cake for dessert. Other reviewers complained about the size of the dishes but with the appetizers, entree and dessert we left the restaurant more than satisfied. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Locos has always been great. However, my last experience was a disaster and I may never go back. I called to see how busy they were but no one answered a few of my calls. Te hostess was on her phone outside when we arrived. I would say 5 or 6 tables were empty in the dining room and we were told she would see if she could squeeze us in. We ended up at the bar, where we prefer to be but a couple of losers were there too and ruined our night. The food was extremely slow and we never got all the tapas we ordered. This place is capable of being great but the owner must no longer be around. It was a total mess.

2  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed 15 July 2013

5 of us went here on a groupon on a Wednesday night. The place was full, but there was no one waiting. The atmosphere is a bit odd. Personally, I don't like red and gold, and the curtains at the entry bothered me, but the food made up for all of that. We sampled one of each tapa, 2 entrees and 2 desserts - each one was amazing. The flatbread special was out of this world with fresh eggplant and exotic cheese. The mozzarella balls were far better than any cheese sticks I have had. The short ribs were so moist. There was a puff pastry stuffed with apples and sauce to dip it in that we all wished we could take home. Service was a bit slow, but with 5 of us chatting, we were in no rush. It's in the middle of no where, so plan on a drive, but it was pretty good. Not sure it would have been worth the money without the groupon.

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner on friday 6/28/13. We had the grupon which included 4 tapas, entree, dessert. The entrance was sorta odd as large drapes greet you as soon as you open the front door. My wife and I both found this odd in a funny way. We had a 7pm reservation and were greeted by the courteous hostess and seated straight away. A waiter took our drink order. My wife ordered the house sangria. I enjoy draft beer and was somewhat disapointed that the first three I wanted to order were "out". The waiter said the beer truck was late on delivery. Haha oh well I settled on a Blue Hills Brewery IPA that wasn't on the menu. Had I saw that I would have ordered it! We wanted to order the foie gras tapas but were informed by our waiter that this was one of a few items that was not included on the grupon. Disapointing to say the least. We ordered the seared almond encrusted scallops. This plate was the only plate of the four tapas that we ordered that was not very good. The almond crust was overcooked and burnt, and the scallop itself was overcooked. Next we got the beef tenderloin, it was fantastic, melted in your mouth. Next was the charcuterie plate which included thinly-sliced jamon, salami, a gardiniere of chopped pickled veggies, and greens with balsamic. Very pleasant. Our last tapas dish to come was the pulled-pork bbq empenadas.. Light and crispy with a smoky barbecue dipping sauce. The highlight of the meal was the entree paella which is large enough to share. We added shrimp to ours. This dish was absolutely delicious. Full of saffron, mussels, chicken, and a few jumbo shrimp. This dish made the whole meal. We ordered the chocolate churros for desert. Four large churros arrived with a decadent warm chocolate dipping sauce. Churros were crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Perfect cap to a great meal. Other than the scallops, everything was fantastic. Sorta expensive if you don't have a grupon, but a unique dining experience. Def get the paella!!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Read all of the reviews, we had a groupon certificate so we ventured out last Friday night for supper. First off, a reservation is necessary especially on Friday. Either the restaurant is doing a 360 continuously or they change chefs nightly because our experience was wonderful. We shared 4 tapas, 2 hot and 2 cold. The hot diver scallop tapas with pomegranete glaze was cooked perfectly and was delicious as was the beef tenderloin with blue cheese. We also had the watercress salad with gorgonzola and toasted pinenuts and the charcuterie plate which was ample food for the 2 of us and also very good. We shared the paella for our entree and because we were also going to be getting desert we tasted it and took the rest home. It too was done very nicely with just the right amount spice and heat, we added the shrimp to ours. For dessert shared the berries with chantilly cream, a very nice ending to a great meal. The hostess and waitress were wonderful, giving us good explanations of the meals. The wine we ordered was not available but they replaced it with one that was very good.