“Service was lacking -- Ordered”
Review of Loco Tapas and Wine Bar - CLOSED

Loco Tapas and Wine Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Routes 106 & 123
Description: L O C O tapas & wine bar offers tapas “nueva” style, focusing on traditional tapas from the Catalonia, basque, and La Rioja regions of Spain while utilizing only first class ingredients sourced from the finest purveyors and farms. L O C O tapas boasts a separate ultra sexy lounge with a handmade copper bar and an array of leather couches and chairs along with a very sophisticated, yet comfortable for all dining room, and the professionally trained chefs offer cuisine for those with the most discerning of palettes.
Reviewed 3 December 2013

OK, we WANTED to like it because it is "local" but the service was almost non existent. Food ordered never came. Service was deadly slow, etc.

1  Thank Patriot_Traveler

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Our first visit to loco was absolutely delicious great service and we very much enjoyed ourselves now to talk about our unexpected disappointing second visit... We sat at a high top in the lounge area as the Red Sox were playing great spot to watch when you will be paid attention to that is.. We were hungry so we put in our order of calamari and a honey roasted beet salad right away as we noticed that our server was pretty much covering the entire lounge area as well as the bar. A waitress who looked very confused came out with a salad and said watercress with no walnuts we looked at each other and said no we ordered a beer salad she replied with a roll of her eyes and returned the salad to the kitchen. We eventually received our calamari after 10 minutes. In the meantime we picked up on the fact that the chefs parents and children were seated in the lounge and the chef was coming out frequently to socialize, give them food etc. this absolutely took away from our food being on time our server came over every 15 minutes and asked how the calamari was we asked where our beet salad was and he replied with it should be coming right out. There was no sympathy no informing us of being understaffed nothing. This was quite irritating. However the calamari was good not the best I have had but the beet salad delicious. Our ears were open when the chef came out to talk to get family, an employee had called in we were thinking a chef due to the confusion coming out of the kitchen and our food taking forever. We also ordered the pork with sweet potato purée and that was spot on tender flavor yum also the manchego Mac and cheese it wasn't hot enough and it lacked in flavor a bit. We noticed that the other people in the lounge were also looking around confused wondering what was going on. What bothered me the most was that our waiter didn't even say anything to us not even an apology our salad that was forgotten that took 20 minutes was still on the bill and the chef was worrying more about her family and their spread of non menu items than the customers. I was overall disappointed with this second visit and unfortunately will not be back again.

1  Thank GourmetGirl M
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Back in the area for the annual college family weekend visit, I thought of trying another dining experience but I loved Loco Tapas so much last year, I just had to go back. Was the service still exemplary? Was the food still "to die for"? Well, happy to report a resounding YES to both!

Our table was was ready for us and our waiter, Pedro, was delightful. He made a genius wine pairing suggestion for my incredible paella and, of more importance, was always there to refill my daughter's water glass (she is quite the water-holic and some waiters fail in this area. Not Pedro!).

College daughter was thrilled with her tapas (mussels in a yummy red sauce) and over the moon about her filet and horseradish mashed potatoes.

My only regret is that I don't live close enough to dine here more often.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I'm surprised to read some of the negative reviews, but I guess every restaurant has it's ups and downs. We went last week and loved it! We purchased a groupon to try some place different, even though we live about an hour away. It was totally worth the drive! We made online reservations through their website and this was very easy and convenient. We ordered the charcuteries, 4 tapas dishes and the Paella. The Charcuteries was out of this world! I would have been fine just eating that. The tapas were fantastic, very flavorful and generous portions. We had 3 people in our party and the 4 Tapas we ordered was plenty of food. I especially liked the croquettes. The paella was good, but not the best we've had. Our service was very attentive and very helpful describing the unfamiliar dishes. The music they played was fun and added to the environment, although they did have it on constant loop and we heard the same songs more than once since we had been there awhile. The dining room was cute, although we didn't like the track lighting which glared bright like stage lighting in some areas, while others were in the dark. But over all, the great food made this place worth a visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had a groupon for this place and decide to finally used it, the groupon had expired but they honored it, service was prompt and friendly, the food was AMAZING, right portions they are small and that's why they are called Tapas and not entrees, some people on this page are such snobs and want everything americanized, excellent wine and happy atmosphere, we will definitely go back! Yeah!!!