“Third time not a Charm”

The Grill on Main
Ranked #24 of 67 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
“Third time not a Charm”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was my third visit to this restaurant and the second & last were not my choice, however, I think the 2 for 1 dinners were the attraction with friends so I didn't want to say I don't care for it.

I think it is very overpriced both for the value and quality of food even with the special. The warm salad with Goat cheese was really nothing special. My Cod fish was the thinnest and smallest piece of fish I've ever seen but it did taste good. Another guest had the Rib Eye, I believe, and it was terrible. It did not look like a rib eye steak, was thin and burned on one end and well done, not Medium Rare as ordered.

It isn't often I leave a restaurant feeling hungry but that was the case.

• Visited October 2013

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Chose because of proximity to the Clarion Hotel. Missed out on the 2 for 1 special, but the meal was well worth the cost. Attentive staff. Great presentation.

Visited October 2013
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I always make sure to visit The Grill when I go to the island. I love the beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce-- so good! And the chocolate bread pudding is a must for dessert. Chef Tony is amazing!

• Visited June 2013
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The Grill on Main is always fabulous! We are frequent visitors as we can not get enough. Whether it is for a romantic evening (my husband I got engaged there thank you to Chef Tony and his wonderful staffs assistance), to visiting with our family and friends of all ages. My favorite is the tender, luscious Chicken Saltimbocca and my husband always starts with the Mushroom Bisque!! We have also been there for two phenomenal parties, an Engagement Party and a 70th Birthday party, both were superb. Thank you for providing such a great dinning venue for us and keep up the great work!! PS - we still can't believe we get so lucky to also get the 2 for 1 entrees! FABULOUS!

• Visited August 2013
“Average food, terrible service.”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Our family went to The Grill on Main and ordered three different meals, the pork tenderloin with apricot and raspberry glaze, the shrimp alfredo, and the three mustard chicken. My Alfredo was very bland, as was the pork. My husband enjoyed the chicken. The poor service put a huge damper on the whole meal. The waitress left us alone for such long periods that it took us nearly two hours to leave. My husband is a fast eater, so he was especially unhappy. She seemed lazy and lacked any enthusiasm whatsoever, probably because of the 18% gratuity that is automatically added to your bill. The lack of side dish choices is also a downfall. On a brighter note, the dessert was good. We had the chocolate bread pudding, and bowl of berries. We will most likely not return.

• Visited July 2013