“Missed the Mark”

Ranked #18 of 68 Restaurants in Edgartown
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Kids, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Quality ingredients, large portions, great prices and the freshest Margaritas in a 175 seat restaurant that is fun for families, singles, couples, young and young at heart...Open YEAR ROUND for lunch and dinner. This is where the Locals go.
Monroe, New York
“Missed the Mark”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The place is a high volume Mexican Restaurant / Sports Bar / Family Dining venue with a shark themed gift shop attached. there are actually several of them on the island, we elected the one just outside Edgartown.
The food really missed the mark. I am not sure they ever saw a jalapeno.. serious no lie. (I really have to learn to spell though). The salsa was weak no other way to describe it ... thought maybe it was an off night or something. When we approached one of the many Sharky's Cantina people flying around our table to inquire about the strength of their food ... we were politely told that their place featured what is both best and worst of America ... which we took to mean yeah I know it pretends to be Mexican Food but you cannot have everything in this place.
The portions were huge but again no Mexican fire ... I was hoping to find some fresh fish served Mexican Style ... no such luck. It was the typical Mexican - American entrees burritos, chimichangas, fajita etc etc.
I did not care for the food and although quite a nice large space ... did not appreciate the pace of service coupled with the booming voice our service staff was forced to communicate to us in ... I do not want to misrepresent all the Sharkey's on the island but this one really was not within expectations.

• Visited July 2013
YearRoundRG, Owner at Sharky's Cantina, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
This review was placed over a year ago, apparently deleted and now placed again. Not sure why, but at this time we aren't going to respond to any specifics as we question it's validity regarding the experience. Thanks!

Northof Boston
“Great cocktail”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was our second time to Sharky's. Truth be told, we were driving by, we were starving and thought " Hm, if it's Mexican, at least will will have instant gratification and chips and salsa as soon as we sit down". But no. You have to purchase the chips/ salsa ( which isn't salsa, it's Pico-de-gallo, and that is clear on the menu.. just not what I was looking for). Had 2 great cocktails though- a Mai Tai and a Painkiller.
I ordered a burrito, and it was not good. It was just the burrito, no sauce and cheese on top- just not what I am used to getting. I looked back at the menu and I guess you have to pay extra for sauce and cheese ( I am sensing a trend... everything is extra). My husband had a burger that was "fine".
Great friendly place to stop in for a drink or 2, but we'll eat elsewhere. Sorry, Sharky, we tried!

• Visited April 2014
Dennisport
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Decent place to eat. Decent menu, atmosphere is great and friendly staff. We had nachos and a couple of drinks.

Visited March 2014
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Great escape for typical island faire”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Great spot for an inexpensive (and kid friendly) night out on the Vineyard. Has a wide variety of food, pretty much something for everyone on the menu. Love the "spicy" salsa they hand out with chips, also can't go wrong with a frozen drink on a hot summer night.

Visited June 2013
Edgartown, Massachusetts
“Amazing Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent Sharkys flier, the quality of food is always excellent, the drinks are awesome, and the staff are always so accommodating!
I also love the fact that in the rare occasion that there is anything wrong with any part of your experience, JB, the owner, is so attentive to make it right any way he can. Much respect for such a great business man!
100% recommended to anyone who lives or visits MV!