“We loved it again!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Edgartown B&B and Inns
Miami
“We loved it again!”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We have been to the Hob knob Hotel twice in the last 2 years. We have enjoyed both visits although I wish they would have upgraded us to a larger room one the 3rd floor, as I think there were only 5 rooms book during our stay. The entire staff is exceptional and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay on Martha's Vineyard.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Orthodontics

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
new york, new york
Reviewed 13 June 2011

After a couple of very stressful wks, my husband and I were in need of some serious r&r. We definitely found it during our weekend at The Hob Knob. The rooms and the grounds are both immaculate - believe me when I say this because I am very picky when it comes to hotels. We also loved the charming, New England-style decor. The service level was sufficient but not "in-your-face."

The only thing that could be better is the breakfast and the afternoon tea. The breakfast was average, un-inspired and forgettable. Also, almost the exact same items were on the menu for both saturday and sunday (there's more to brunch than eggs, french toast, and pancakes!). For a luxury boutique hotel in this price range, I defintely expected more. We've been to MV many times and have stayed at a number of places. We enjoyed the breakfast at the Jonathan Monroe house much more.

The afternoon tea was equally unimpressive - I think there was banana bread, some kind of oatmeal cookie and a very bitter tasting gingersnap cookie. These baked goods seemed almost amateur.

Aside from the food, we enjoyed our stay very much and would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roadprincess
Townshend, Vermont
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We spent three nights here last week and have only positive comments. The staff were friendly and helpful with none of the "attitude" as some previous posters have mentioned. The owner was around quite a bit and my husband and she chatted for awhile. We had the suite on the second floor and we really liked having the extra space. We had a separate staircase up to our room, a living room, kitchen area which was equipped enough to prepare simple meals, a dining table and two chairs and a good size bedroom with a king bed, two chairs with reading lamps, and ample storage. There were two large windows which let in plenty of light. The bedroom does face the main street and I suppose it could be noisy but we did not experience this. A sound machine is provided if necessary. Our bathroom had everything one could need and there were ample towels provided. Our entire suite was very clean and in good repair.
Breakfast and afternoon tea were great and we met some very nice guests. We prefer a B&B or hotel which serves a full breakfast and we were not disappointed.
The common rooms were very comfortable and we were glad to have the exercise room downstairs. They offer massages but we did not have any. We did rent their bicycles one day and it was nice having them available right there.
We really enjoyed our stay and would return without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelpatty
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2010

This is probably my favorite hotel that I have yet to stay in, anywhere, ever. It is absolutely charming from the walk up to the bed to the farm fresh breakfast each morning. It is completely warm and cozy and definitely takes on the feel of Edgartown. The staff were outstanding and helpful. I've never felt so safe, taken care of, and AT HOME like I did here. I actually ended up staying an extra night because I wasn't ready to leave, and I still found myself sad that I had to leave in the end. Rooms are very clean with luxury beds. Also a small "spa" for massages and a small business center. Close to downtown Edgartown and bus stops to reach the rest of the island. I had to call my mom and brag to her about this place and can't wait to take her!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Hob Knob is relatively large for a B & B, it describes itself as a luxury boutique hotel, and that gets it about right. Rooms are moderate in size; ours had outdoor lights that shined in during the early evening. Common areas are cozy and very functional. We traveled with friends and found ourselves convening in the parlor to chat and read the newspapers. The hotel had more than one common room and an honor bar in one of them. Breakfast was cooked to order, plus a full board of fruit, cereal and breakfast sweets. Front desk personnel were helpful in making reservations and recommendations. Town is a short walk away.
Downside is high room rates.

• Stayed October 2010
Carmel, California
Reviewed 16 September 2010

My wife and I met our 2 adult sons for a long weekend. We dined,rode bikes,hit the town ,had massages and just "chilled". The staff took care of all our needs,even the nitely refrigerator raid!

I plan to come back with the enire family.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Stayed at this inn for 4 nights over the labor day holiday. Location is excellent and only several blocks from Main street shopping and restaurants. Very convenient to the bus line for trips about the island. The room was very clean and peaceful. We did not experience any problems with street noise or noise from other visitors. No complaints. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included. Menu was very basic but food was fresh and very good. The inn is pricey, but we were overall very pleased and will consider staying here again upon return visits.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Harbor View Hotel
#2 of 10 in Edgartown
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to The Hob Knob? Share your experiences!