As New Englanders, we're a tough breed; we're not afraid of roughing it, but we like our creature comforts. The Hob Knob is a lovely little hotel / B&B in the heart of Edgartown, my top choice location to stay on island if you're looking for a romantic getaway, without being remote, by any stretch. You've got shopping and seashore vistas bikerides away for all adventures.
What we liked about the Hob Knob:
1. Quiet rooms, soundproofed floors and windows. Although small, they served their purpose and the beds were comfortable. Bathrooms were modern without being too cramped. They are a green-running operation, so unless you request it, your bedsheets will not be changed on a regular basis.
2. Terrifiic staff, eager to help. Friendly.
3. Full breakfasts and eggs/pancakes/french toast, or waffles to order daily. Outside seating (which we always selected) or interior.
4. Chairs (with back-pack style holders to take on your bike) and beachtowels available as well as onsite bikes are available if you don't have your own.
5. Friends visited us who live on island, and there is parking available for guests.
6. Lovely decor, and several sitting rooms if you wish to stay in during the off chance rainy day. (We were outside in all weather, however)
7. "Honor bar" for the welcome refreshment after a long ride (beer, wine) for $6-8.
8. A full workout facility in the basement, and an extra shower - so that when we checked out, we were able to have a full day and return to shower and pick up our bags!
9. Although we did not take advantage, The Hob Knob also boasts of a spa.
What we did not like so much:
1. Because it is Main Street, the buses run down here, and the sound of diesel engines were never far off. If you're enjoying your serene breakfast, the traffic sometimes dispelled that illusion. But I quibble.
We are active vacationers and took advantage of the extensive ferry system by biking over to Chappy several times to explore the more remote areas and beaches. Wonderful! If you're a bicyclist, MV is the place to go for relaxing long rides - we took a roundtrip out to Menemsha and enjoyed Lobsterville Beach (secluded) with a lovely lunch break roadside along the way back. A nice 45 mile r/t ride.
In summary, I highly recommend The Hob Knob if you're looking for the perfect getaway without being to 'far away' from any actitivies, restaurants, shopping, and you'd like a bit more elegance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17 Room Luxury Boutique Hotel in the heart of Edgartown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Hob Knob reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hob Knob Hotel Edgartown
- Hob Knob Edgartown
- Hob Knob Hotel Edgartown
- The Hob Knob Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard