“Great hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Edgartown B&B and Inns
Mendham, New Jersey
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Perfect for a quaint getaway. Highly recommend. It's in a perfect location. We walked to dinner. We returned to a excellent turndown service. The staff was personable and very well informed. Hurry up and book!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Mendhamfilms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
UStoUK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our time at The Hob Knob very much. The room was well appointed, yet still allowed us to relax and feel comfortable. The charm of the Inn creates a relaxing environment and I recommend it to any one or couple wishing to get away from mainland life...even during the off-season. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank USt0UK
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Edgartown is not everybody's choice for a winter vacation destination but The Hob Knob was the perfect spot to be, Room 14 was great: private, luxurious, and super comfy. Important because we were holed up in there a lot. :-) There was always a fire going in the Living Room for lazy afternoon reading sessions. Breakfast is first rate, Afternoon tea a welcome treat, and the staff is incredibly friendly and attentive. We hardly used our car as we could walk to multiple excellent restaurants open off-season.
This is one of those places where they get all the details right while keeping things easy and relaxed, Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gregory K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have been going there for 14 years and it just get better with every year. Maggie White has done an amazing job with her property. Her eye for detail and coziness is highly apparent as soon as you enter the door. The scones at breakfast are divine and rooms are so tastefully appointed. The location is absolutely perfect as you are able to walk to town and the harbor in just minutes. She also has bikes available so you can cruise the island or bike to katama beach. I love the hob knob and can't wait to return in August!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Ahwelroyale
North Hampton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Prior review deleted, but I assure you this is the truth.
My family has been vacationing in Edgartown for 40 years and we are neighbors of the inn. We attempted to book a room at the Hob Knob and their reservation software failed to make the transaction. We were telephoned the evening of the reservation and asked when we were checking in!!! The hotel's owner was unyielding and did not apologize or acknowledge any shortcoming on her end. The total for one night was over 600 dollars. The inn is lovely, but it's proprietor is a business woman with only financial gain in mind. Please, other customers, keep that in mind when booking here.

• Stayed August 2013
18 Thank 02539
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Everything about this place is fabulous! Spotless! Cozy! Comfortable! The staff is friendly and helpful! The breakfast is a choice of buffet or made to order hot breakfast! The farm fresh eggs and scones are exceptional! We have stayed in many "luxury" hotels and this by far is our favorite. Our room had a skylight and house plants! Turn down service w/ chocolates, the most comfortable bed! Great location in Edgartown! The Best!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Open disclaimer: I did not stay at the hotel.
I booked a 3-night stay at the hob knob, but had to cancel. The day we were due to arrive at the hotel, there was a terrible storm and the ferry service to the vineyard was cancelled for by booked time. I contacted the hotel the day before and the morning of my due arrival to let them know we may have trouble getting there and may have to cancel. I was also 7 months pregnant with twins at the time, so didn't feel like waiting in line at the ferry terminal for hours on end for it to reopen either. In the end, we decided to cancel our trip to the vineyard and asked for a refund. Given that this was during November (and not peak season), I figured this was a reasonable request.
The hotel owners refused to give us any refund whatsoever. We now have a credit that is good until May 2014. I've explained that I'm due to deliver twins in Feb 2014, so the chance that I am going to have time to go to the vineyard before May is very unlikely, however they just remind me that the credit is transferable. Really bad customer service. I never expected to be treated in this way, especially given the circumstances. Buyer beware. Before considering a stay here, be sure to become familiar with their cancellation policy:

Apparently they mean it, no matter what the circumstances. Not a fan.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
14 Thank DivineMissEm
HOBKNOB123, Owner at The Hob Knob, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
I would like to take the opportunity to respond to your unfavorable and rather unfair review of Hob Knob. Yes, we take our reservation policies seriously and treat everyone fairly as evidenced by 19 years of customer loyalty and excellent reviews. We made an exception to our policy for you as you were within 24 hours from your date of arrival which technically means a forfeit. We happily extended to you a 100% deposit Rain Check good for 6 months. I was not aware of your impending twins being born this February and understand that 6 months from now might not be enough time for you to re-schedule. We are happy to extend your Rain Check for a full year and frequently do even better than that if you stay in touch and keep us updated about your plans. I am certain you will LOVE Hob Knob if you give us a chance and appreciate you reconsidering your review due to our willingness to make you happy. Look forward to Hobknobbing with you soon and best of luck with the twins!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Harbor View Hotel
#2 of 10 in Edgartown
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#3 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to The Hob Knob? Share your experiences!