“Excellent attention to detail!”
Review of The Hob Knob

The Hob Knob
Ranked #1 of 10 Edgartown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I came upon The Hob Knob online when looking for a place to relax on the Vineyard. Luckily, being after Labor Day, they had a room for my husband and myself. I cannot say enough about this place!! Comfortable, cozy, extremely clean, delectable breakfast spread and very helpful in directing us to dining, beaches, etc. Love it, love it, love it-- will most definitely return.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor, in the rear of the building. Perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nikivt
There are newer reviews for The Hob Knob

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Recently stayed at the Hob Knob with my husband. From the moment we walked in the door we were welcomed by Diane, the hotel manager who was so friendly. The staff was great and helped us with every need. I had read a review about the room size being small, but I actually found the room to be quite spacious and comfortable, also very clean. The hotel is located right on Main Street, close to everything but you wouldn't even notice because of all the luscious gardens. The scones were the best we've had. I would highly suggest trying them on your stay! Afternoon tea was a great treat on top of the already great breakfast which were each included in our rate. We loved the Hob Knob and can't wait to return! Thanks Diane!!

Room Tip: Book on the second or third floor for a romantic and private room.
1  Thank Anne B
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from our anniversary in Martha's Vineyard. The Hob Knob was a fantastic little boutique hotel which was minutes away from the shops and restaurants of downtown Edgartown. The bus stop is also within a short distance making it easy to access different areas of the island.
The Hob Knob's made to order breakfast every morning is fantastic, along with afternoon tea! Be sure to try their granola., chocolate chip cookies and blue berry scones. The hotel also offers a superb honorary bar service. I would also highly recommend renting the hotel's pedal bikes for a day to explore the island a little further. The only down fall is that the hotel located directly on the road and there is no water view, however they have created a quaint garden atmosphere.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back of the hotel are quieter
2  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Looking for a place on Martha's Vineyard was tough, but we found what we were looking for and then some at the Hob Knob. We spent 4 days, 3 nights at the beautiful, quaint inn. The décor and atmosphere of the inn are very charming. There are multiple places to spend time and relax, reading a book, having tea, or taking a quick nap before dinner. The brunch was tasty, and so fresh, perfect for a beautiful Sunday on the vineyard. The location of the inn is only a short walk into the center of Edgartown, where there are many appealing shops to look and shop in. Also, there are several delicious restaurants, cafes, and ice cream stores to choose and eat at. Hob Knob also offers many activities for their guests to take part in such as: having bicycles to rent for the day, taking a cruise ride on the Hob Knob's Boston Whaler, and helping to arrange any other water sport activities. Also, the staff was wonderful and recommended some great places to visit on the island. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank clairey1007
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Since the day a made the reservation with Abi over the phone everything at HobKnob was fantastic ! My husband and I staid at the gorgeous boutique for tree night and the experience was delightful, the owner (I had the pleasure to meet her) has putting her touch in every corner of all places, you feel you are at your house, the breakfast is totally gourmet, organic, healthy, the wine bar, and afternoon te so amazing ... I wouldn't change any thing ... The location is perfect ... If I go back to the vineyard I will stay at the HobKnob again again ...
Thanks to all the stuff member, you guys are A+ customer services.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Soribe U
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My partner and I stayed here for two nights recently and we really have to say what a wonderful property! We got married close by and everyone in the hotel was wonderful!! The manager Diane Carr was so very kind, professional and accommodating. WE highly recommend the Hob Knob for any occasion from a weekend get-away to a wonderful place to stay for your wedding!

Thank you Diane!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

After careful research and reading of reviews, we opted to stay at the Hob Knob and spent 7 nights at this beautiful Inn. The decor and atmosphere are reminiscent of spending time in a lovely English garden hotel. There are so many comfy public rooms, porches and nooks to relax and spend time in--perhaps reading a good book or bringing out a cup of tea or other beverage, which are always available. Then, perhaps it's time for a stroll downl just a couple of blocks into town, where there are many enticing shops to browse in, and restaurants, cafes and ice cream stores. Just walking the streets and viewing the restored Georgian colonial and vintage homes is a treat. The Inn also has a fleet of bicycles that can be rented for the day.

The staff at the Inn were attentive and helpful with any questions about our stay on the Island. The breakfasts were complete with fruit, juices, cereals and baked goods set out on a sideboard, and a menu of 5 choices cooked to order was handed out to each guest. Coffee & tea were also set out on another sideboard. In the afternoon, from 4 to 6 p.m., hors d'oeuvres and tea were set out, and other beverages were available in their honor bar.

Our room and bath were on the small side, but were comfortable and contained everything we would need for our stay Smaller-size rooms are probably the norm with a stay at a vintage country Inn.

The $550/night room rate was a bit steep, but the location for getting to everything was perfect. As a vacation destination, and a time to treat yourselves, my husband and I would recommend a stay in this elegant country inn.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear of the hotel are quieter, and I understand that rooms on the third floor are large...
1  Thank ememgee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Mansion House
Pequot Hotel
Pequot Hotel
#1 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites

Been to The Hob Knob? Share your experiences!