“Excellent!”
Review of The Hob Knob

The Hob Knob
Ranked #1 of 10 Edgartown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2010

More of a boutique hotel than a B&B, the charming Hob Knob excels in every way. A five minute walk to town; made to order breakfasts, every amenity, perfect rooms, friendly staff, and plenty of parking. I would not stay anywhere else in Edgertown.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 May 2010

My cousin and I spent Mother's Day weekend at the Hob Knob, a boutique hotel, in Edgartown on Martha's Vineyard. The hotel was easy to find on Main Street, and there was available parking behind the main building. We stayed in room #1 which was in the front of the building, but it was quiet and convenient. The room was actually larger than I had expected, and the twin beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed the hearty breakfasts, afternoon teas with delicious baked goods, and evening drinks. Although we didn't use the fitness center or ask for spa treatments, they were available to us even on Sunday. We did read the Boston and New York papers and used the computer to check our e-mails. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and Jesse did a great job of making arrangements for our private tour of the island. Jon from Jon's Taxi informed and entertained us during the entire tour. We had a wonderful time and hope to visit the island again. It was a perfect way to end a positively delightful trip to Cape Cod, Nantucket, and Martha's Vineyard!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I planned a surprise 50th birthday party weekend for my husband and a group of friends at the Hob Knob. The staff were more than happy to help me plan events for the weekend ahead of time (thank you especially to Amelia).

It turned out to be a perfect place for our friends to gather, having breakfast in one of the lovely dining rooms, by the fireplace in the sitting room or in the gorgeous sunroom. Breakfast was delicious and the staff at the hotel was very accommodating, we were never rushed. The afternoon tea with fresh baked goods was really inviting.

The rooms were spotless and the hotel was decorated beautifully. The staff genuinely wanted us to enjoy our stay. I would highly recommend the Hob Knob and I can't wait until we can go back.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Beautiful hotel in a renovated old island home/inn with a b&b feel... but none of the b&b drawbacks. Clean as a whistle, friendly staff (even with our frequent needs), sweet common areas to read or have a glass of wine in. The breakfasts were hearty and I went nuts for the homemade scones. SO relaxing-- in March it was cold and wet but the inn was a perfect cozy spot to warm up in. Decor is quaint and New Englandy, not hip or anything. You can walk anywhere in town. For those unfamiliar with the island, Edgartown is sort of the posh town on the island... when I was here in the summer, the place looked like a Ralph Lauren ad to me. :) But it's close to Chappaquiddick, the most unspoilt rural part of the island, if you want to get a nature fix. I miss it already!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank dorothiee
Reviewed 30 November 2009

This was our second stay at the Hob Knob. We were on Martha's Vineyard over Thanksgiving and stayed at the Hob Knob for the week. The service was excellent and very friendly, the room was impeccable, and the ambiance is quintessential New England.

They serve breakfast every morning; you have the choice of 3 egg options, french toast or pancakes, plus they serve fruit, cereal, yogurt and the most delicious scones. The Mag-a-Muffin breakfast (poached eggs with grilled tomato and ham on an English muffin) was my personal favorite. Every afternoon they offer tea, cookies and hot cider and at night they always had hot water and tea out for guests to help themselves.

They have free wi-fi in the hotel and the location can not be beat, it's right on Main Street, and is about a 5-10 minute walk down to the water.

We will definitely be staying at the Hob Knob next time we are on the Vineyard.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2009

This was my first stay at the Hob Knob--it definitely will not be my last. A local (Vineyard resident) told me it is where she sends people when she can't host them herself, and I understand why. Beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, helpful and accommodating staff--I wanted for nothing, except to return

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2009

We spent two nights at the Hob Knob, and found it incredibly relaxing! The room was lovely, and the front desk staff incredibly helpful--Anthony took care of everything from dinner reservations to driving tour routes to where to find good pizza and a movie. We enjoyed the afternoon tea service, and the cozy fire in the living room. The kitchen was also wonderfully accommodating of my husband's food allergy.

The location was excellent--a short walk into downtown.

The only critique was cleanliness--the shower was a bit dingy and the room turnover hurried, but still better than you see at many hotels.

We would definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Mansion House
#1 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to The Hob Knob? Share your experiences!