“Can't beat the location”
Review of Kelley House

Kelley House
Ranked #9 of 10 Edgartown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This was our first visit to MV and Kelly House is certainly the best location for restaurants, shops and the ferry. The staff are willing to go the extra mile to meet every request. We stayed in a suite in Chappy House that had a balcony with a view of the harbor. I have to say that the furnishings looked tired and need an upgrade. That would be our only negative. We took advantage of the offering of a sunset cruise and it was a highlight of the trip. Mike and Corri were knowledgeable and rightly proud of their vintage boat. I highly recommend booking some time w/ them for the cruise. They also do charter fishing trips. We can't wait until our next visit.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

The Kelley House is very clean and comfortable. My husband and I enjoyed MV and loved The Kelley House's grounds and room. The morning coffee was the best I had during my stay on the island and I love my coffee!!! Charlotte couldn't have been more helpful.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We keep returning to this inn every time we decide to go to the vineyard and are never disappointed. The friendliness of the staff, cleaniness of the room and establishment, location, location, location always meet our expectations. For the experience of all that Edgartown has to offer you can not go wrong staying at this inn.

Room Tip: must have a car.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Kelley House was a great find. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Our room had 4 large windows and looked out at the Chappy Ferry. The hotel manager, Steve, made dinner reservations for us on a very busy Memorial Day weekend. We also decided to go to the beach one day and when we asked about beach towels they not only gave us the towels, but 2 bottles of water and beach chairs. We can't day enough about the great accommodations and services. We are bookiing next year. Also, make sure you try The Newes (their restaurant). Excellent food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Staying at this spectacularly quaint hotel made our trip worthwhile and memorable. We brought a one and a half year old little girl with us and it was our first time at Martha's Vineyard. As everyone knows, it's not easy traveling with children. We met Steve on our first night and let me tell you, he couldn't have been more helpful or courteous. We originally booked a regular room online as the options were limited at that time, but he helped us upgrade to a suite without any problems. Our living room had a magnificent view of the water and the whole "apartment" was clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. Steve also helped us get a pack 'n' play which was really a lifesaver. He also gave us a superb itinerary and recommendations for outings/ restaurants. Contrary to a previous review, housekeeping cleaned the room nicely and finished in the morning every day that we stayed there. The complimentary parking was great and everything went smoothly during our stay at Kelley House. My family and I are frequent travelers and this experience exceeded our expectations. It might be a little obvious that I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I was greeted by a bellman who immediately offered to help me with my unwieldy combination of luggage and a bicycle. Every staff member at the hotel greeted me with a warm smile and hello. Every question or concern was answered.

The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The hotel is impeccable maintained. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The Kelley House is a nice hotel in the center of a beautiful village on the water. The view from our room was fantastic. While the facility is very nice, the staff was not so great: 1. the gentleman at the front desk watched me struggle to bring in several heavy pieces of luggage in the rain only to tell me after my third trip "I guess I should have told you that your room is in another building"; 2. Housekeeping showed up in the very late afternoon each day and did the minimum- no vacuuming, no new towels, etc.; 3. We asked the concierge for assistance in booking fishing or sailing trips- we did not receive a follow up for several hours and, when we did, it was a message telling us that we needed to call another member of the staff to book anything; 4. The Kelley House was having some sort of maintenance done while we were there and the sound created by the trucks powering the machinery created a lot of noise all day- not exactly what we were seeking as part of a restful vacation

1  Thank CharlesTeckel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Harbor View Hotel
The Christopher
#2 of 10 in Edgartown
0 mi away
Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites

Been to Kelley House? Share your experiences!