“Excellent food and a staff that keeps things moving!”

Atlantic Fish & Chop House
Ranked #9 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Quality food and service. Well-staffed which keeps things moving - the wait staff hustles and the kitchen is well managed. We sat off the kitchen one night and were amazed to watch the way they moved food and the quality-controll process they had in place to ensure all of the plates were complete and up to par before they sent the food out on trays with the servers. Daniel who was working the back bar the night we visited was helpful and engaged in good conversation which enhanced our overall experience.

There are newer reviews for Atlantic Fish & Chop House

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I agree with someone else who said this place is "somewhat overpriced for the quality and quantity of food". This is a world-class location, and a great looking restaurant. If you can get a spot outside on a beautiful day, you will be very happy. As with any prominent restaurant in a prime location in a prime vacation spot, there are going to be problems. Would I go back? Yes.

I say beware for at least two reasons. I ordered a Sauvignon Blanc without looking at the menu. When my husband decided to have a 2nd drink, I did too. Little did we suspect that each glass of my wine cost NINETEEN DOLLARS. Outrageous. But I blame myself. Ask for the wine list. His Bloody Mary was very good, about perfect.

Second, the host we encountered was extremely haughty and basically nasty. Not a pleasant introduction to any guest. You're in the service industry! Our waitress was fine, although honestly, she should have checked with me on the price if it is that sky-high.

Our food was pretty good. We've eaten there a few times prior, and it mostly is quite good. Yes, it's expensive but look at the nearly perfect view of Edgartown Harbor. It can be noisy inside and the bar itself isn't very large. It is pricey, and that was not just due to my wine. But the prices on the food seemed acceptable to me.

2  Thank MaxieLou
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I didn't think it was possible to ruin a BLT, but somehow they managed at The Atlantic. The bacon was barely cooked and not warmed, the green glob that looked, tasted and felt like something pulled from a boiling pot and plopped onto the sandwich was maybe lettuce? Couldn't tell. The tomatoes were mealy and soft, not at all fresh tasting on an island abundant with tomatoes, and the grilled sourdough too greasy. This mess was served with greens so wilted, limp, and lifeless they could've been blanched.
Add to this inedible meal a slow, inattentive, over-worked and surly waiter and you have a reason to never return!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had cocktails and appetizers at the bar, food was excellent, service was excellent. Place always seemed to be packed. We felt the prices were very reasonable for the area.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is an old school fish house. We went here on a recommendation (that we overheard) from a woman talking to another person while walking down the street.

We had:

Mac n Cheese - my daughters really liked it
Tuna steak sandwich - delicious, the wasabi aioli cleared my sinuses but was good.
Fried oyster sandwich - heavy but good
Skinny french fries - my girls loved them

The real stand out was the kalamata olive tapenade that was served with the bread. It was totally delicious.

The bathrooms need some work, they are on the nasty side. TP all over the place and in desperate need of a cleaning.