“Standard fare”

Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Middlebury, Vermont
“Standard fare”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I mean, you'd think Edgartown would have AMAZING ice cream or gelato - this was pretty average ice cream. I did like the peanut butter cookie dough and tried a few other samples but really, nothing special and I wouldn't have known it was homemade. The frozen yogurt wasn't very good either (the tart yogurt from pinkberry is way better). If you have to have ice cream, sure, but I was expecting something much more special.

• Visited August 2013

Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Surprisingly, there are not very many options for ice cream in Edgartown. I was looking for a soft serve twist but was disappointed that the only flavor they offered was chocolate. Instead, I opted for the slated caramel and my daughter had strawberry. $3.40 for one small ball of ice cream- literally 3 teaspoons - not even a cone. Yikes!

• Visited July 2013
“Not The Best I've Ever Had”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Our family went there after eating at the blue canoe (very good) and we had told a friend of ours that we had planned on going to The Scoop Shack. And he said "Oh yeah, Scoops?" We just thought that was a nickname for The Scoop Shack. But only later did we find out that The Scoop
Shack and Scoops were two different places. The ice cream was ok, didn't seem homemade, seemed buyed from other companies. Well, at least we learned that The Scoop Shack and Scoops are two different places!!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Ice Cream for Ice Cream Cake”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My cousin made an ice cream cake while we were on vacation and we got our ice cream here. It was fairly close to our rental and the person who took care of us was friendly and funny.

retiredJB
“Creamy - there was no doubt it was homemade”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I had a wonderful Black Raspberry scoop of ice cream. The texture was unique and the flavor was wonderful. It was a great treat on a hot day. It is a small shop, so there are not many tables available. They had a large assortment of toppings, so you could really create a unique dessert for yourself.

There didn't appear to be any restrooms, but the Visitor Center on Church Street has restrooms. It's pretty close.