“The spirit of aviation”
Review of Katama Airfield

Katama Airfield
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I had my first grass field landing at this airport, it's one of America's best kept secrets! Where else can one fly low over the water and beach for an approach to some of the best kept grass strips. The right fork diner has a great menu and has a deck from where everyone watches planes take off and land. My favorite part is that one can land and park their plane down by the beach, love it.

1  Thank mischa3000
in 5 reviews
"grass runway"
"red baron"
in 2 reviews
"planes take off and land"
"celebrity homes"
"ground"
"mike"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband and I loved our bi-plane ride at the air field. The owner flew us over the towns and beaches pattern. There are 5-6 patterns to select from and the staff are helpful with information and answers to your questions. They take reservations so you can plan for a sunset ride or and early morning excursion. The tours are very informative about the island, the history and some celebrity home sights. We would rank this as the best entertainment on the island as we love to fly and enjoyed every minute of our ride.

1  Thank jhager