My husband and I stayed at The Winnetu May 4 through May 7, 2012 on our first visit to Martha's Vineyard. I chose The Winnetu after looking at lots of places on line for several reasons and I was not disappointed. The Winnetu is a 5 minute walk on a lovely little path down to South Beach which is arguably one of the most beautiful beaches I have been to. There are no other resorts around and it is off season so very private and quiet but the beach is so long that I imagine even in summer there is room for everyone. We took advantage of The Winnetu's Spring special where you stay for 2 nights in a 1-4 bedroom suite and get the 3rd free...hard to pass that up. We stayed in an Easty Chop (named after a MV lighthouse) queen suite on the third floor. The decor was beautiful modern, classy beach and spacious with a bedroom, bath, kitchenette, living room and a balcony with a 180 degree view of the ocean. Our stay also included and amazing breakfast buffet each morning and we were there for a great Kentucky Derby celebration complete with Mint Juleps.
The staff at The Winnetu were wonderful, very friendly and helpful with directions to other parts of the Vineyard, places to see and eat and Lizzie (hope I got the name right) at the front desk was so kind to offer a late checkout so we could take advantage of a beautiful sunny day on our last day and sit on the beach for several hours on the beach chairs provided during our stay. We had a wonderful time and plan to return again in the fall when they have similar specials and the rates go down again.There are bigger suites as well as town homes and houses you can rent. I would highly recommend The Winnetu for your Martha's Vineyard stay. The location in the Katama section of Edgartown is great and the people and facilities are top notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Winnetu Oceanside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard