This hotel was perfect for our plans as it allowed us to stay right on the beach without having to commit for a 1 or 2 week minimum. The location on South Beach is beautiful and perfect for all beach activity - just a short walk through a private pathway to get there. We stayed just prior to the Summer season and the island was not crowded, so the hotel seemed to be nicely away from people/traffic - yet close enough to Edgartown to get supplies, eat, shop, etc...(but perhaps when the full summer crowd arrives it may be different). The surrounding roads were so quiet that we were able to ride bikes without seeing more than a handful of cars - and very comfortably ride into town.
The suite we stayed in - West Chop - had plenty of kitchen space (pantry and refrigerator) to make your own breakfast and lunch/snacks - if you stop and shop in Edgartown for supplies on the way in.
The resort has lots of bike rack space. We rented bikes from a local bike shop not affiliated with the Winnetu and they dropped the bikes at the resort's bike rack and they were all waiting in the rack when we arrived. This was much easier than bringing our own.
The in-house "Lure" restaurant for dinner was o.k. and a good option if weather is bad or you have young kids and don't want to leave the property. Its a nice dinner but we preferred the many other restaurants we visited throughout MV that are only a short drive from the hotel.
The staff was excellent and attentive.
We loved it ...and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard