My family stayed at the Winnetu and we were hoping for a pleasant experience on Martha's Vineyard. We were traveling with another family and we were all very excited about our first trip to the island. We were pleased upon arrival due to the kind staff and intriguing grounds, but as soon as we got to the room, our hopes had vanished. Firstly, there were two adults and three children in our party and we were surprised to find only one bed in our cramped room. Later we figured out that there was a fold out couch and a fold out chair (which was not nearly adequate.) The beach was a long walk through tick infested forests. Both pools were small, freezing, and a man came every so often to turn on sprinklers which all kids and adults alike kept clear of. The other party and I considered ending our stay on the island and heading back to Boston for a night but decided there was no use as there was a no refund policy and we were paying over $800 a night. At all costs, stay away from this miserable place and consider Newport, Rhode Island as a replacement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard