Overall we had a great experience. The room was immaculate and well-appointed. The staff were friendly. The food on-site was great. There were many activities available to us, although we couldn't take advantage of all of them because of our short time there.
Our only fault would be that some of the staff were obviously inexperienced and maybe lacked some basic operational knowledge -- this is probably because they are young, seasonal staff and just need more training. For instance, asking basic questions and having to wait for a more senior staff member to clarify or correct them before getting the appropriate answer.
We also used a babysitter obtained through the hotel and we were quite pleased.
All said, we would likely return in the future. We enjoyed the Winnetu and its proximity to Edgartown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard