I do not mind paying for high quality. I was skeptical that the price tag for a three-night stay at the Winnetu was really worth it. When we arrived, we were met be a very personable staff who took care of anything we could have ever wanted. The grounds were immaculate, the rooms well appointed, and the front desk and concierge engaging. Immediately upon arriving I knew that we had made the right choice for our first family vacation (and first to MV) with our 8 month old.
The resort caters to families but maintains a high end status worthy of the price. They did not blink when we arrived with the baby and went above an beyond to ensure she had everything she could need. The location turned out to be great (we brought our car), near the beaches and downtown Edgartown. Even without a vehicle, the Edgartown shuttles run frequently. If not for a baby in tow, we would have utilized the shuttle and really enjoyed ourselves. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will return next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard