We loved everything about this resort! The staff goes above and beyond to ensure you have a fantastic stay from the moment you arrive to the check-out process. We traveled with 14, 7, and 5 year old kids and there was something for everyone! The highlight was the kid's camp which is included with your stay; each day the van picked the kids up at 9 and whisked them off to field trips to the farm and fire station or other areas and then delivered them back at noon. I am one of those parents who never really thought about those programs before this trip, but am now a believer. Everyone in the family needs a bit of time to spend time doing something for themselves, the kids like being around other kids for a bit of the day and my husband and I enjoyed quiet breakfast/shopping trips or walks on the beach. When we got back together we shared our experiences over lunch and spent the rest of the day together...Excellent! We loved the walk from the sweeping lawn through the trail to the beach. The kids loved the heated pools, and so did we! We did the lighthouse tour through the concierge and I highly recommend that too! It was easy to get where we needed to be and had a fantastic tour! The only thing I can say that left me a bit less than impressed was the cost/value of the clam bake. While we had a great time being out on the lawn and seeing the reptile guy, I left feeling the cost wasn't quite worth the experience. I hate to even write about it since we had such an overwhelmingly positive experience and thanks to the Winnetu will most definitely be back! Thank you, thank you, thank you to the owner and staff...You have a first rate property and program!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard