“Good bar, good food, fun time”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Port Hunter

The Port Hunter
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York, USA
“Good bar, good food, fun time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The Port Hunter is a welcome addition to Edgartown. Great location on Main Street. It is a bar and restaurant that is family friendly and always crowded. the food is good. try the fish tacos. and a live band plays at night every weekend in the summer.

Visited August 2014

Edgartown, Massachusetts
“Short Dale's Pales”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

So much about the Port Hunter is commendable: the food, the decor, the location, the service if you have a girl named Katie. However, when I order a Dale's...upon spying the cans in the cooler (neatly and attractively stocked, I might add), I expect to receive a Dale's can, a 12 oz., exactly like the one I'm staring at. But this time the server brought me a 16 oz., without asking, and it's not that I don't love or can't handle a 16 oz., but if I wanted a 16 oz., I would've ordered one. I'm not typically as cantankerous as I'm sounding, or about to sound, but I feel obliged to note that it's frustrating in the summer on MV when you walk into one of your favorite establishments and are taken advantage of as the unsuspecting tourist-types some expect us all to be. We let it go, and I drank the 16 oz., because I love beer, and then later in the meal I asked for another beer -- specifically a short one -- and the server said they did not have any short Dale's. As I gazed towards the beer cooler above the bar, I was dumbfounded, but acquiesced and ordered a Sierra. After the meal, and after the check was paid and a good tip neatly affixed, I told the server it was no big deal, but asked why there wasn't a short Dale's Ale when I could clearly point to visible cans. She said she didn't know they had short (regular) Dale's. I was taken aback and let her know that I always get 12 oz. Dale's at the Port Hunter and could clearly see them through the clear glassed beer cooler. She sarcastically thanked me for my insight, and I sarcastically thanked her for her understanding. And still here I am thinking and writing about it. Not the biggest deal in the world but frustrating nonetheless. Port Hunter is such a wonderful addition to downtown Edgartown. That truth trumps all. Hope it's just their August exhaustion coming through.

• Visited August 2014
boston, ma
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

After a disappointing night at Atria (left just a few minutes before Obama arrived!The bomb sniffing dog was walking down up the drive as we left), we had a great meal at Port Hunter. Fun, casual atmosphere, everything we had was delicious-from pickled fennel/kale salad to vegetabowls. My daughter had never tried oysters before and the guy at the raw bar spent several minutes explaining how they are harvested and the differences amongst the different types. Less fussy, less pricey and more tasty than many of the other well-know restaurants on the island.

Visited August 2014
Odenton, Maryland
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This place is always packed and now I know the reason why. Great food available but you need to make a reservations almost every night. It Is well worth the wait and the staff is nice. Fresh fish, lobster and shrimp.

Los Altos, California
“Great food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

The atmosphere at this restaurant was fantastic. The brick walls and lighting was extremely relaxing. The calamari was fantastic and the fish tacos were amazing. The prices are reasonable for the fantastic food as well.

• Visited July 2014