“As good as I remembered”
Review of The Scoop Shack

The Scoop Shack
Ranked #3 of 5 Dessert in Edgartown
Description: The Scoop Shack is a Mom and Pop ice cream shop located in Edgartown, MA on the beautiful island of Martha's Vineyard. Our Homemade ice cream is made from the finest ingredients in small batches right here in our shop. After years of culinary training and stints in two Michelin star restaurants I decided to try and make the best ice cream I had ever tasted. I truly believe that we have done that, and I hope that you do too.
Boston
“As good as I remembered”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

There's a reason that this ice cream shop has skyrocketed to number one - the best ice cream you may have ever eaten. We returned after having been away from the island for a couple of years and it's just as good as I remembered. The carrot cake ice cream remains my favorite, though the mocha chip is insanely good as well. You really can't go wrong and, once again, the staff is really friendly and helpful. (No easy task, since the kids who staff the place change each summer.) Forget the Mad Martha's hype. Do not be fooled by the place called "Scoops." Come down to the docks and enjoy the best ice cream anywhere.

• Visited August 2014

Fort Lee, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Homemade Ice Cream”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

After our disappointing experience at Mad Martha's we were still in search of a great Ice Cream shop. So all recommendations led us to the Scoop Shack in Edgartown. It was a bit of a drive from Oak Bluffs but well worth it. All the flavors exploded in your mouth; which is what you should expect from a homemade ice cream shop. I had a hot fudge Sunday with chocolate chip Ice Cream the chips are really thick and perfectly sized and the fudge was warm and thick. My Son had the Espresso Chip and Cookies and Cream; both tasted amazing. The Ice Cream at the Scoop Shack is creamy, dense, and flavorful. The portions are generous and the staff is super friendly. The only draw back is that the owner has a nut allergy so there are no flavors with nuts available. I highly recommend this spot.

Visited August 2014
Storrs, Connecticut
“Good ice cream but our family preferred Mad Marthas”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Good ice cream although not sure how this ended up rated as number 1 in Edgartown. There was a good choice of flavors. The two I chose were not as creamy as they could have been. Cash only.

Visited August 2014
Brymac16, Owner at The Scoop Shack, responded to this review, 7 March 2015
I hope that you come back and give us another shot! I can assure you that our ice cream is the creamiest! We have always accepted Visa and Mastercard.
“best ice cream!!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

first time on Martha's Vineyard and this is hands down the best ice cream! twice in one day? yes please!! super friendly staff and the acai bowls are pretty good too. outstanding flavors!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Ice Cream on the Island”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

No doubt the best Ice Cream place on the island. Although it isn't as well known as mad Martha's, this place is 100% better. Many exotic flavors as well as classic originals. "Kids Scoop" is at least 3-4 scoops well enough for all. Reasonable prices and delicious tasting ice cream. Plus it sells a vast amount of different salt water taffy flavors. A must go for travelers looking for some dessert.

• Visited August 2014