“Totally Disappointing :(”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sea Spa Salon
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This spa was highly recommended by our hotel so I didn't check trip advisor first- big mistake. I was very, very disappointed in the services, especially for the price. Of course you expect to pay a higher price in resort towns; and I don't mind paying it but I expect a better level of service. I was extremely disappointed in the sea spa. I had a sea salt scrub and a facial. I have NEVER had a spa employee get on the cellphone DURING an appointment EVER!!! here I am laying on the table with a mask on my face and she is talking on the cell phone about who is picking up her kids??? I am a mom and was trying to be understanding but after I left I began thinking about this and became infuriated- it was just UNEXCUSEABLE!!! Usually you have to silence your phones for a calm environment and this spa was just not at all worth the money and they were not professional and I Felt they did not care about their clients at all. I've been to many spas all over the world and am not that picky but I had to write this to warn others and to also tell the sea spa to step up your game and pay attention to your clients. They pay for the time and it should be theirs - how rude! I plan to call the manager as well!

8  Thank fvm1

Reviewed 28 November 2012

I would give this "spa salon" 0 stars if I could! We had 6 bridemaids and bride with appointments for mani/pedis for the day before the wedding. When we arrived, we were completely ignored for close to 1 hr, then finally the bride was addressed. As she was getting her nails done, 1 of the employees let go of a water faucet and COMPLETELY SATURATED the bride (hair & clothes) then later when they were blow drying it, they were jerking her head around so much she ended up with a sore neck! They were running so late (& never told us) that only 3 of us had our nails done. I was done so late that I told them to just paint my fingers & toes, I didn't have time for full mani/pedi and was still charged $110 and the paint was ruined before I even left the salon. AWFUL EXPERIENCE & RUINED PRE WEDDING FUN!!!

8  Thank Suzanne F
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I have had two separate experiences using different aspects of this salon, and both went very, very well. I got an appt. right away, and arrived a little before my appt. I was greeted politely and offered a beverage right away. My first appt. was for a cut and highlight, and let me just say that this is one of the best cuts and colors I have ever had (and I am picky, travel extensively and have used salons in many different cities)! The stylist was polite, friendly, and was very efficient - I was out in the time they say I would be, which for a resort salon I believe is unheard of.

My second appt. was for a mani/pedi. Again, I arrived a little before the appt. (I don't like to be late, lol), and again was made to feel at home and comfortable. The pedicure stations were very comfortable, and the chair I had featured a great message feature - very relaxing. While some people are put off by a pedicure station that doesn't have whirlpool jets, I was not. Fyi, laws are changing about these features due to the difficult ability to really get the jets and their pipes germ free - so I was really happy to see they have individualized stations that can be cleaned thoroughly. Stephanie was my pedicurist, and she was awesome! The entire staff was very friendly and I don't hesitate to recommend this experience to others. Great place!

1  Thank Julie854
Reviewed 30 September 2012

There were 5 reservations made for Mani and Pedi before wedding. We were ignored for 45 minutes, the someone finially showed up. Only the bride and 2 others were able to have the services due to time limitations. The manicure only lasted 1 day. The polish came off each of my fingers in sheets. I don't know if it was old polish or what.

6  Thank LeisureTraveler102
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We did not stay at the hotel but the Sea Spa Salon was recommended for a pedicure. The salon is apparently busy and it took a couple of days to arrange a convenient appointment time. I was immediately shown to a room upon my arrival and informed I would be seen shortly. Fifteen minutes after my scheduled appointment, it was discovered that the person who was supposed to perform my pedicure had started a manicure with another customer "by mistake". I was told I would have to wait until she finished that service first. No apology. No attempt to address the fact that I would be waiting well past my appointment time.

8  Thank Vanessa L