“Great massage experience and friendly staff”
Review of Sea Spa Salon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sea Spa Salon
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Despite the reviews we decided to try this spa. There were 4 of us looking for 1 hour massages on a Saturday in January. Since it was off season we didn't know if we would find a place for all 4. We walked into this spa at 4:00 on Friday, we were able to get appts at 10 & 11 Saturday morning.

Jenna, who booked our appts, was a riot. Our therapists were Stacy and Alicia , they were both fabulous. Alicia was more deep tissue and was great at getting knots out. The 2 that went to Stacy said she was awesome.

Jenna made sure we had great service and we all agreed we would go back.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have never had a worse customer service experience in my entire life. Of all the vendors I worked with for my Martha's Vineyard wedding, none came close to treating me as horribly as Sea Spa.

I hired Salisa's bridal team in February for my October wedding hair and makeup. I sent a deposit and was told I had 3 months prior to my wedding to cancel and receive a refund of my deposit. The scheduling of my trial was extremely difficult and confusing. There were no clear directions as to whom I should contact to schedule the trial. I tried the salon directly, tried the artists directly, tried the artists' respective salons directly, etc. After multiple attempts and finally a call to Salisa, the owner; my would-be wedding makeup artist - who refused to contact me via anything other than text message - finally scheduled a trial for herself and the hair person. At that point, the three month cancellation mark had already passed. As someone who has had hair and makeup done a number of times for weddings and events, I gave both the makeup artist and hair stylist the benefit of the doubt (figuring there wouldn't be an issue with their work), and set off on my trial.

I arrived at the salon and the hairstylist, Franco, had only scheduled enough time to curl my hair (i.e. less than 45 min). By the time he had to start on his next client, I ended up with a ponytail and lots of hairspray - nothing else. He encouraged me to come back for a second trial at no cost, however, I still paid the full trial amount. I felt as though he was unprepared, but was still hopeful that he'd be able to create a bridal hairstyle.

I then moved on to the make-up artist. She was extraordinarily pushy and before I had expressed any desire whatsoever about how I would like to look on my wedding day, she was already demanding that my mother and I have eyelash extensions put on (at an additional cost of over $200), rather than just regular strip lashes. She started by doing half of my face - when I finally looked in the mirror I had glitter eye liner and a style that was completely opposite of the picture (of me - with professional makeup) that I had shown as inspiration! When I expressed my dissatisfaction, she told me she would make up the other side of my face with a different look. When she got to my eyes, she remarked that she had NO BLACK EYE LINER! I don't generally wear a lot of makeup, but I'm pretty sure that black eye liner is a staple in a makeup artist's bag. With no black eye liner and two different, unmatched faces, neither how I wanted them, I paid over $300 for the hair and makeup trial.

I tabled the makeup issue, however, I let Salisa know that both her stylists were unprepared for the full price bridal trial.

I returned TWICE more for hair trials - the second trial resulted in hours worth of twisting and pulling and ultimately, again, a pony tail. At the point that I had to pull up YouTube videos to show Franco to create a classic chignon, I knew something was very, very wrong. However, I thought I was locked in to the deposit, so I kept trying to make it work. I returned for the third and final trial and he ultimately mustered an extremely messy chignon. When I told him that it was lopsided, messy, and had too many visable bobypins, he told me I was too picky. My mother and I collected our things and left. VERY FRUSTRATED.

I immediately called Salisa AGAIN and explained the situation. At first she apologized for her stylists, and even claimed that she had never used Franco for a bride before. She offered for me to come back and have another trial with a different stylist (which would have resulted in even more cost and time on my behalf). When I told her I had lost confidence in her team and their capabilities and asked for a refund of the deposit and the trial cost she got defensive and only a refund of my deposit (and 20% off any future Sea Spa services - laughable!). She confirmed my deposit amount both verbally and in writing and told me it would be sent shortly.

Weeks later, when my check finally arrived, it wasn't even for my full deposit (it was shy $28.28). I called the spa, spoke to Salisa once again - she told me it was a mistake and that it was "only bleep-ing $28 dollars" - when I declined to give her my credit card (she had never had my credit card number up until this point - I had paid, and been reimbursed, via check), she screamed at me and HUNG UP ON ME!!

The absolute least the salon could do is reimburse my deposit - but I strongly believe that further compensation is owed. This is by far, the most unprofessional experience I have ever had in my entire life - from the artists themselves, to the owner, to scheduling and everything in between. I have never dealt with such incompetence and then outright rudeness. Brides - beware. Don't waste your time or money.

11  Thank carabell83
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This spa was highly recommended by our hotel so I didn't check trip advisor first- big mistake. I was very, very disappointed in the services, especially for the price. Of course you expect to pay a higher price in resort towns; and I don't mind paying it but I expect a better level of service. I was extremely disappointed in the sea spa. I had a sea salt scrub and a facial. I have NEVER had a spa employee get on the cellphone DURING an appointment EVER!!! here I am laying on the table with a mask on my face and she is talking on the cell phone about who is picking up her kids??? I am a mom and was trying to be understanding but after I left I began thinking about this and became infuriated- it was just UNEXCUSEABLE!!! Usually you have to silence your phones for a calm environment and this spa was just not at all worth the money and they were not professional and I Felt they did not care about their clients at all. I've been to many spas all over the world and am not that picky but I had to write this to warn others and to also tell the sea spa to step up your game and pay attention to your clients. They pay for the time and it should be theirs - how rude! I plan to call the manager as well!

8  Thank fvm1
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I would give this "spa salon" 0 stars if I could! We had 6 bridemaids and bride with appointments for mani/pedis for the day before the wedding. When we arrived, we were completely ignored for close to 1 hr, then finally the bride was addressed. As she was getting her nails done, 1 of the employees let go of a water faucet and COMPLETELY SATURATED the bride (hair & clothes) then later when they were blow drying it, they were jerking her head around so much she ended up with a sore neck! They were running so late (& never told us) that only 3 of us had our nails done. I was done so late that I told them to just paint my fingers & toes, I didn't have time for full mani/pedi and was still charged $110 and the paint was ruined before I even left the salon. AWFUL EXPERIENCE & RUINED PRE WEDDING FUN!!!

8  Thank Suzanne F
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I have had two separate experiences using different aspects of this salon, and both went very, very well. I got an appt. right away, and arrived a little before my appt. I was greeted politely and offered a beverage right away. My first appt. was for a cut and highlight, and let me just say that this is one of the best cuts and colors I have ever had (and I am picky, travel extensively and have used salons in many different cities)! The stylist was polite, friendly, and was very efficient - I was out in the time they say I would be, which for a resort salon I believe is unheard of.

My second appt. was for a mani/pedi. Again, I arrived a little before the appt. (I don't like to be late, lol), and again was made to feel at home and comfortable. The pedicure stations were very comfortable, and the chair I had featured a great message feature - very relaxing. While some people are put off by a pedicure station that doesn't have whirlpool jets, I was not. Fyi, laws are changing about these features due to the difficult ability to really get the jets and their pipes germ free - so I was really happy to see they have individualized stations that can be cleaned thoroughly. Stephanie was my pedicurist, and she was awesome! The entire staff was very friendly and I don't hesitate to recommend this experience to others. Great place!

1  Thank Julie854